HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: promo cars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default promo cars 
    we all know that the best promo car is the hearse. the next best thing is a limo or a van of some sort. what can be the next best thing to drive around in to promote you haunt?

I have been looking in to this and the one comes to my mind is a flat bed. with a 4 feet high by 8 feet long bilborad. as you drive it down the streets people will see..

now the next best thing is that where to go right? my answer is middle and high schools, collages, malls, parks, teen hang outs. and most of all driving around town.

so my little Q and A is this.. what else can be the next best thing as a promo car for your haunt and also too where would you go to promote you haunt?

thanks! HG
    it's ok... the dark has many faces you can't see..

2. Default  

i think this can be a good one

3. Default Promo Cars 
    there are a ton of ways that you can promote your biz w/ an ad car... you could spend the money and wrap your personal vehicle... espeically if it is a larger car/van/suv/truck that has plenty of bulk to get noticed. If I didn't want to get rid of my truck I would wrap it in a heartbeat. That way... you have a vehicle that you travel everywhere in, and it isn't a chore to go out to those locations.

One idea I picked up from another business (non haunt) was take a mobile business vehicle, and put a clear plastic real estate box on the back with your flyers or special coupons inside... that way you can quantify a small amount of your results from your promo car.

This is a pic of our promo van... it serves many purposes. We drive this behind our float in our local 4th of July parades. This is also a great 'troop carrier' for those parades and other events. We have also put LED light bars down the side to act as a illuminated billboard for our event at night. (We haven't yet but) We can make magnetic signs to stick to the side of the truck underneath of our graphics for different applications (i.e. turn right here).

Some friends of ours have also made an art car (I believe ol' Jim Warfield has a couple of these) They have an acting group out of the city and have labeled their 'art car' the "Brothership"
    They built this car for a Baltimore festival called Artscape. There is an art car parade... and they blew away the competition. They built a stage on the roof of the car (I believe its an old Volvo) and they are creating a mobile performance using the car as their stage.

the sky is the limit.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

4. Default 3 times the fun 
    Our cars from The Battle Of The Haunted Houses

Last edited by sts; 02-01-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Chris @
    Scream Theme Studios
    Fort Collins CO.

Battleofthehauntedhouses.com
    Screamtheme.com

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by sts View Post
    Our cars from The Battle Of The Haunted Houses

i love the hearses!!!

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by legendsofthefog View Post
    there are a ton of ways that you can promote your biz w/ an ad car... you could spend the money and wrap your personal vehicle... espeically if it is a larger car/van/suv/truck that has plenty of bulk to get noticed. If I didn't want to get rid of my truck I would wrap it in a heartbeat. That way... you have a vehicle that you travel everywhere in, and it isn't a chore to go out to those locations.

One idea I picked up from another business (non haunt) was take a mobile business vehicle, and put a clear plastic real estate box on the back with your flyers or special coupons inside... that way you can quantify a small amount of your results from your promo car.

This is a pic of our promo van... it serves many purposes. We drive this behind our float in our local 4th of July parades. This is also a great 'troop carrier' for those parades and other events. We have also put LED light bars down the side to act as a illuminated billboard for our event at night. (We haven't yet but) We can make magnetic signs to stick to the side of the truck underneath of our graphics for different applications (i.e. turn right here).

Some friends of ours have also made an art car (I believe ol' Jim Warfield has a couple of these) They have an acting group out of the city and have labeled their 'art car' the "Brothership"
    They built this car for a Baltimore festival called Artscape. There is an art car parade... and they blew away the competition. They built a stage on the roof of the car (I believe its an old Volvo) and they are creating a mobile performance using the car as their stage.

the sky is the limit.
    is the black car a old ups van???

7. Default See: hauntedravensgrin.com 4 cars 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A Thunderbird through various metamorphisses.
    A Nissan Truck
    An Olds station wagon.
    Each unique and an attention-getter.

8. Default ups van... 
    I would have to do some research on the title to find out exactly.... but probably. I think it was a dry cleaner or something before we bought it...

Jim - I still see something new every time I get on your site... So tell me... how many pounds... i mean tons of food does Mr. Tuxedo eat every day?
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

9. Default  
    Here's a couple pics of the Jeckyll & Hyde Club "non-hearse" promo car.

I would think more in line with what your theme is.
    We also have Hotel Fear so how about an old taxi?

Maybe you could utilize a delivery truck? A limo? a station wagon?
    I have a hearse but have always wanted a different themed vehicle.
    Would really love on old Checker Cab for the Hotel...but we never had Checker
    Cabs in Vegas! Most of the old ones are back east!!

Dependant on if you are using the vehicle on the street, just at your attraction,
    or maybe just a parade vehicle could also be a contributing factor.

Maybe you build a fantasy vehicle, like the Dragula coffin car.
    If it's not a street legal vehicle you can get by with just a go cart motor
    or maybe even a powered wheel chair.

Night Screams Studio had that large character that was based off a power wheel chair.
    If you just want an on site "vehicle" who says it has to be a vehicle?
    Motorize a autopsy table... a crypt.... a dog house...

Think outside the box...isn't that what we do best???

See everyone in a couple weeks!!!

Rich
    Attached Images
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

10. Default  
    I think the coolest promotional vehicle I have ever seen is a school bus the Edge of Hell made up to look like a prison bus. It had bars on the windows and everything. It was awesome and really got looks and major attention. At the same time had people worrying! Why is a prison bus pulling up to the haunted house. LOL! The second best I have ever seen is Jim Warfields spook mobiles. Go to hauntedravengrin.com to check the spookmobiles he has made over the years. I also like the Jeckyl & Hyde car. Its very cool!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Thread Information