HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: First year- indoor/outdoor?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Yeah most haunts down in Buffalo here mostly started as outside haunts then moved into department store buildings.
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

2. Default  
    Thanks for the input everyone! It's much appreciated. I'm more convinced now than ever that outdoors is the way to go for now. The search continues for a location!

Has anyone had any luck finding farms and convinced them to add on a haunt if you do all the work and they just get a portion of the proceeds?

3. Default  
    I have done that plenty. It works great. Suggest they run a concessions stand, those can do well too. It also sweetens the pot for them, or have them offer an old fashioned hayride. If thats costs a few dollars also then they can do pretty well.
    Allen H

4. Default  
    Eric, may I just say the photos of your outdoor haunt look crazy cool!!! I LOVE the details you have there! Amazing stuff! I'm in awe!

5. Default  
    Bobby....I think outdoors would be the way to go.

We have a haunted hayride that used to run through a fairly good sized park in our area. Perfect parking and all that jazz. Possibly a park in your area might be willing to work with you? Just a thought!

Good luck to you!!!

6. Default  
    That's a good idea Allen, and Kimmy I like the way you think. The local land trust wasn't interested, but I do know of a couple neat parks. Thanks guys!

Oh! And Kimmy! I hope you're doing well with your ladies auxiliary haunt, I'm sure it'd be real neat to see if I was closer!

7. Default  
    Thanks Bobby...slogging thru zoning stuff right now, but once that's done we can start the fun stuff, whoo hoo!! Can't wait!!!

Thread Information