HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Home Haunt Projects 2011

Hybrid View

1. Default Home Haunt Projects 2011 
    I figured I would start a thread for anyone to post up pics of projects they are working on throughout the year. If anyone else has anything they are working on feel free to post some pics, I always enjoy seeing what everyone else is up to.

Here are a few of a project I am working on. There will end up being two of these statues when I am done. The one pictured below is almost done, I just need to do some detailing/distressing. I'm hoping to either finish it up tomorrow night or next weekend. I'll post more when it is finished.

IMAG0078.jpg IMAG0080.jpg IMAG0083.jpg

2. Default  
    sweet! i think I'm going to like this topic allot. I myself haven't begun anything just yet..I usually start to get into things mid march. Can't wait to see more and others ideas!

Btw what materials are you using for this?

3. Default  
    I ended up using particle board for this. There were two reasons for this, the first being that it is very smooth and the second being that due to the thickness of the board I didn't have to construct an internal frame from 2x3's or anything else. Unfortunately, particle board is no good outdoors. If it gets even a little wet, it's ruined. I built these specifically for an indoor scene and thus don't have to worry about rain, but I won't ever be able to put them in my graveyard in the future because it is outside. If I had it to do over again I would have used a more moisture friendly material.

For the skull I purchased a skull (4th quality 2 piece i think) from anatomical chart company and cut the back half off. Here are a couple of pictures of this thing before I painted it to give you a better idea.

IMAG0046.jpgIMAG0066.jpg

4. Default  
    Your project is looking good so far. Can't wait to see the finished pics.

And I think this thred is a great idea. I will have to get some pics of stuff I am working on and put them up here also.

a.k.a. The Butcher
    a.k.a. Hauntlord

5. Default  
    I like your skull cross a great deal. Nice work, Haunt_guy
    <a href=http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns target=_blank>http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns</a>
    http://www.cafepress.com/Darksydesigns
    Wide variety of products, including clothing (from child to adult-sized), jewelry, wall clings, dog items, and much more. Many perfectly-suited for Halloween.

6. Default Finally 
    I finished this up right before I went to transworld, and still haven't posted any pics of the finished product, so here are a few of the finished product.
    IMAG0158.jpgIMAG0160.jpgIMAG0149.jpg

Thread Information