HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Help with ADA requirements?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default ADA requirements 
    I appreciate the responses. I got confirmation from our building inspector that we don't need to provide an elevator if this building is less than 3 stories. I used the information from posts above to share with him.

Thanks everyone for your tips!!!

2. Default  
    I believe only a section of your haunted house must be wheelchair assessible so they can at least see part/most of the haunt. Just like many haunts in even California (such as the Santa Cruz haunt) where most of the haunt is not wheelchair assessible, but a portion of it is to make it legal. Talk with your city officials.

3. Default  
    I recommend reading the code first and looking for answers to your questions, then calling to clarify. Inspectors can get annoyed when you dont even try to find the answer yourself first. On the other hand NEVER act like you know more about the code than the inspector, Marshal, whoever. They interpret the code. So look it up then Check to clarify.
    Allen H

Thread Information