HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Hard Coating methods...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Where did you find the Tuff 2 ? At least online I can't locate at Home Depot or Lowes, possibly it's just not listed... seems like there's a few marine place online that carry it. On fire proofing, did you treat the bare foam first on top of doing the paint additive? I believe this is what is recommeded. I'll post some test results of hardcoating, I might try Senergy and add Acryl 60 or bonding agent...supposedly it chips easily accordingly to LarryK experiences at The Darkness....so thinking maybe experiementing with mixing additives to it.

2. Default  
    I picked it up at Menards. You really need to talk to your fire marshal about how to treat it. Mine was fine with treatment over hard coat, but I did primer the foam before coating it.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

3. Default  
    Revival of thread. I came across this thread during the search. BTW, for those of you that DON'T like people reviving threads... stop telling us to USE THE SEARCH (laughing, not being smartazzy)

Ok! Guys, from all of my weeks and months on end of searching. I CAN NOT get any help with Senergy. The 2 distributors I've dealt with, ended up no shows. One even said he'll send it COD... 3 months ago. No answers to calls or emails. F'em. Anyways, I've come to the conclusion, FOR ME...

Tuff 2 may be the best thing I can get. If you want to try it, don't go to Home Depot, I've called 8 stores, none have it. HOWEVER! They do have it on their site. $79.99 with Free shipping and estimated taxes. I went ahead and ordered 3 pails. I believe they're 5 gallon pails.

I'll try to post on here when I get it in and see how it sets. Around here? Even the contracting companies have never heard of Dryvit, Senergy or Tuff. It's amazing, but I'm over that now.

So, since people are still looking for coatings from time to time, I figure I'll try to continue with the thread.

I should be starting on the storage rooms and foam carving within 2 weeks. Again, I'll try to post some results, maybe a video.

Dewayne

4. Default  
    A little follow-up on our coating survival rate- I'm happy to say that the TUFF II performed pretty darn well. Not without some damage in the floor to 18" height area, but not terribly so. The rest of the walls from 18" and up had almost no damage at all. To be honest, I think most of the kick damage happened because, well... have you ever tried using a hopper gun that low to the ground in confined areas? Ha- not so easy- so it was thinner in that area- my fault mostly.

In retrospect, now that I've been there and considering the needs to change the haunt up over time, I think these coatings are perfect in the durability and price dept- for me at least.

Add to that the abrasiveness of the finish texture and its ability to keep peoples hands in their pockets and it really is a winner in my book.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

www.zombietoxin.com

5. Default Restore 
    We have been using Restore deck covering from Home Depot lately, and we have had some great results. We have used the restore on vacuform stone and tombstones. Overall we're pleased with the price and the quality of it. We have often picked up oops gallons too. Anyone else have success with it?
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

6. Default  
    I haven't seen / heard of that coating. Is it pure liquid state?

Zombie, how did you thin that Tuff ll for the hopper gun? I'm fixing to start building rooms soon and will be tackling my cave!

Dewayne

7. Default  
    It's water based, so water- but as for how much... well I don't remember exactly, but I'm a "pinch of this, dash of that" type concocter, so I'd say I started with a 16 oz water bottle and started mixing it into the bucket until it looked right...

You might consider brushing it on from the 0 to 18" height, then maybe spraying over that to get a good coating in the kick zone.

www.zombietoxin.com

8. Default  
    I seen the Deck Restore in homedepot the other day, and it's pretty tough tuff, pretty amazed at the samples they had out. For $75 for a full Pal /5gal is decent pricing. I'm wondering how far it will go and/or any thinners could be added... maybe we can get some pics up here...

9. Default  
    Any other thoughts on the decking liquid? Allen? Have you seen any results for our applications?

Is this a paint btw? I see where you said you sometimes get the "oops" sets, sounds like mixed paint?

Dewayne

10. Default  
    Just a couple of insights on this product....(RESTORE i mean). NO thinners can be added to this product or else the consistancy and texturing will not allow the product to adhere the way it should or at least as the manufacturer describes. Also most of the time it recomends not being painted on vertical surfaces but rather on horizontal ones until completely dry then positioned vertical afterwards. Other than that RESTORE is a great product Ive done many demos with it at work for customers. Oh one more thing oops paint is collected only after mistakes are made but should be near the paintdesk at all times. You'll get some great deals on it too like a gallon for 5 dollars. Just thought Id share since I work at Home Depot and RESTORE is a hot topic right now at work. See link below.....

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...#/?c=1&7xz=7xz

Thread Information