HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: starting a website when your not open yet and have no content

Hybrid View

1. Default starting a website when your not open yet and have no content 
    well Allen H suggested this to ol' Geoff from Alabama. It just so happens I had been pondering the same thing so here it goes looking for advise on starting a website when your not open yet and have no content. Hope this helps you to Geoff on the trail of terror.

2. Default  
    You actually have options, alot can be done with text, music and some pics that dont seem "haunted" untill you put them in photo shop.
    Another thing to focus on is characters. Get a story for your show, get a few characters and costumes together and have a photo shoot. It could be in a patch of woods, under a bridge, near an industrial setting. Make the pics focus on the characters as opposed to the haunt.
    You can also take pictures of victims- alot of mileage can be gotten of an image of a woman lying on the ground (in foreground) and the legs of a killer seen standing behind her.
    Take a pic of one of your characters, but take it from inside a normal house with maybe a family watching tv inside, thats a super creepy image and you dont need your haunt to be built yet.
    Of course you can buy art from Brainstorm also, and several web site companies have themes that work great.
    Im sure others will chime in too!
    Allen H

3. Default good call Allen 
    I don't believe I've really seen this subject on here before.

4. Default  
    I Too am doing the same thing. Now I have years of pics from haunts I have run and worked at Of my self and others. I was thinging of using some of these pics for the site but I will not pass up a chance to get all bloody and do some Newly found airbrushing.
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

5. Default alright now 
    surely someone out there can reflect and give more advise on this

6. Default  
    I agree with what Allen said.

It's hard to fill a site with content if you don't have it, so do your best to build up what you can now. Take some time to write up a back story to your haunt to help gain some interest. You could also get some actors dressed up to take some pictures of them under different lighting to use as promo shots.

Thread Information