HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Wall Pamel Flame Test by Georgia State Fire Marshall

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Early on I had my city state in writing the standards they would hold us to.

They established a written policy for haunted houses and mazes as a result of my requests.

Here is what I have had to work to.

"1. Decorative Materials
    a. All decorative materials (decorations, drapes, backdrops and props) Shall be either inherently flame retardant and labeled as such, or shall be treated with a flame retardant that is registered with the California State Fire Marshal. Any material not appropriately labeled, as fire retardant, shall be flame tested.
    Note: The flame test shall consist of putting a flame to a sample of the material by a match or lighter. The test shall be conducted outside the building on a specimen of the material approximately 3 inches wide by 10 inches long and oriented at a 45-degree angle. When testing, the flame shall be applied at the bottom edge of the material for a period of up to 12 seconds. If the material fails to ignite, or if it ignites and self extinguishes when the flame source is removed the material shall be considered flame retardant."

The fire marshal can of coarse do whatever he wants, but when a written baseline is established it tends to put a rope around the issues.
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

2. Default  
    This is just bullshit , to me it looked like good old boys having fun with your haunt. I don't think anyone is going to have someone walk in with a bail of hay and gas build a nice fire and sit around and stoke it. Please it's a haunt not a brick oven pizza stand. and the funny part is the first time it was clearly going out so he came in to work the fire up some more then when it did little damage turned around and made a bigger fire to make sure it burned. Well of course it will, it did it's job the first time it went out, now after it's exposed from doing what it's supposed to do they building a bigger fire and say look it's burning, Bullshit again. That's like me ramming your car your airbags go off and your fine then me getting into a different car and ramming you at the same speed and killing you and saying well see the airbags didn't really work. BULLSHIT . This is the things the HAA should be working on for our industry clear guidelines for fire protection.

Robert

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorknight View Post
    This is the things the HAA should be working on for our industry clear guidelines for fire protection.
    Great idea.

4. Default Burn tests 
    Since my local fire marshal is pretty much brain dead when it comes to haunts, I was thinking of doing a burn test in his office. I wonder if he'll get the message.....
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

Nightmare Village......
    "Follow the Bloody Brick Road"

"Keep 'em Screaming!"
    Leonard Pickel

"Whatever, whatever", "Whatnot", "Dah, dah, dah, dah"
    Larry Kirchner

5. Default  
    So on my haunt rules I need to just add "NO hay or plant material allowed"??

Thread Information