HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Walk through mirror?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Those are some good ideas! I will have to see if the space I'm working with allows me to install a pocket door for the mirror to slide into.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

2. Default  
    Here's some links you look at?

Mylar strips, very durabil.

http://www.rosebrand.com/product571/...d=2&info=Mylar

Highly metallic fabrics, they can be projected on?

http://www.rosebrand.com/subcategory...n-systems.aspx

MATT
    Listen to them, Children of the night. Oh what music they make.

3. Default  
    Very creative and great ideas. I think it would be awesome to somehow get the real feeling which you're aiming for, that you just morphed through a large mirror to the "other side" vs sliding doors, flaps, etc. I have no idea if this is possible or how expensive it could be to have a custom projected image made.

But maybe something like a very high res hologram, with the programmed image of a tall mirror (as close as possible to match your physical walls with mirrors attached left & right) of the projected image.

Then you could technically walk right through the "mirror." Can't say I know anything about holograms, but it would make sense that anyone could walk right through one if it's just a very advanced projected image.

The whole mirror idea is definitely creepy too. I'm sure some of you have seen the movie Mirrors. Some parts of that film were def disturbing!

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeOfUndead View Post
    The whole mirror idea is definitely creepy too. I'm sure some of you have seen the movie Mirrors. Some parts of that film were def disturbing!

Yea, Mirrors had some creepy moments.

Louis - It would be neat for the room you walk into right after the mirror effect is the exact reflection of the previous room... with everything being reversed.
    Ryan

http://SCREAMFREAK.com
    Virginia's Best Haunted Attractions

5. Default  
    Ryan
    That would be cool. However, I don't know if that is doable where I'm thinking about having it.

Horde
    If I had all the time and money in the world I'd get one of those fog screens that creates the screen of mist that can be projected on to, and mount a video camera so that it would pick up the room and the people in it. Then project the image onto the fog screen making it a appear like it was mirroring the room. This would be a great way to create the effect, but alas I'm just a poor haunter.

Louis Brown
    Owner, operator, and dish washer
    at
    DarkWood Manor

6. Default  
    Here's a video Jim with the Haunted Enthusiasts shared with me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tP_Wg9TJ1M
    This might offer inspiration...

Kel

For some reason I couldn't get the actual video so display, but the link should take you to the video.
    Last edited by Raycliff Manor; 03-31-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

7. Default  
    I liked that commercial Kel! It was like using the illusion of hollywood backdrops. Its very convincing since alot was actual pictures of the actual scene they were in. Pretty cool!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    www.houseoffright.com
    Damon Carson

8. Default Simplier Mirror Illusion 
    Here's a simpler Illusion effect. You create a duplicate room. The wall between them has a large opening almost door size, that starts a few inches from the floor. The opening is framed to look like a large mirror. Since everything in the room has a “mirror” image and the angle of the “mirror” would not present a reflection of the people entering, you have a perfect illusion.
    If you want a scare in the room you have a mannequin in the entry room and a real person in the second room. People enter the room stand for a minute not seeing another door leading elsewhere. Then the mannequin “reflection” lunges forward providing the scare. Now the patrons have to step though the “mirror” to continue the tour!!
    A haunt here uses this illusion and it is pretty cool! Mylar or any other method discussed will never actually look like a real mirror. Put duplicate props, maybe even have a painting or picture where you have a reversed image in the duplicate room and you will REALLY sell this illusion!!
    Good luck!
    Attached Files
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

Thread Information