HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: looking for a little insite on Trailer haunts

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by buffaloSCREAMS13 View Post
    they usually have air conditioning which is almost a reason on its own to go thru during a hot summer day while walking the fair grounds hahaha.
    A good reason to get a refrigerated trailer (reefer) and include it in there somewhere. The extreme cold can make a neat meat freezer or cave.

2. Default  
    Just curious, do haunts charge the same amount for the entrance fee on a trailer haunt?

3. Default  
    If you have a large enough attraction it will depend on your market.
    Haunts here are $12.00.

Refrigerated trailers: with the added insulation you end up with about 7 1/2 ft. Also the foam they use for them is extremely flammable.
    You may have a difficult to impossible time getting one to pass use for occupancy.
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

4. Default  
    Hey Rich,
    Seems like way back when, the idea was to have a group of trailers less than 1000 sqft, which would preclude having it sprinkled. Then a non flammable 20' ramp, or something, between that and another 1000 sqft set of trailers. Is that still a viable option?
    Karl

5. Default  
    Yup, still an option, infact our Hotel Fear is built on that concept. The Asylum is too big and requires a sprinkler. The issue for anyone just starting in this concept is do I build accordingly and hope things stay the same or just bite the bullet and install a sprinkler from the get go???

I have already had to deal with a jurisdiction changing guidelines. I was originally designed for 75 feet to an exit, then had to accomodate to 50 feet.
    It was obviously done, but it required a redesign, remodel, rewire, ect.

Another jurisdiction just created a new classification called "Haunted House" which overrides any other guideline and states if it is a Haunted House it requires a sprinkler...period!!

So if I was building from scratch I would just build in a sprinkler system while it's easy to accomodate, then in most cases you are OVER the code requirements!!
    (that can really frustrate an inspector!!!)

So Karl...how are things in the Bay area??? Thinking of finally putting in a trailer haunt????
    I have an awesome entry designed for your style of attraction!!!
    Still love your ship/trailer/stage...it's awesome!!!

Rich
    Last edited by RJ Productions; 03-31-2011 at 08:12 PM.
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ Productions View Post
    So Karl...how are things in the Bay area??? Thinking of finally putting in a trailer haunt????
    I have an awesome entry designed for your style of attraction!!!
    Still love your ship/trailer/stage...it's awesome!!!
    Rich
    Naw, got too many trailers as it is and I love our tents
    Remember we looked at that option for the SoCal haunt a bunch of years back. Bad Karma then and it never wore off!

Now that you've unlocked the infamous film strip option on posts for the masses, thought I would try it out. One of the bands on our ship/float/stage.
    Enjoy
    Last edited by Karl Fields; 03-31-2011 at 11:47 PM.

7. Default  
    speaking about trailer haunts and portable/easily assembled haunts for temporary shows, hows everyones opinion on those black inflatable haunts and also the Inflatable beast and giant made by brainchild labs.

Other than the heat they contain and the easily puncture material, are they good to use at a fair or even as a second "location"

If it was me and I had my hands on "the beast" inflatable, I would just blow up the head and stick it on top of my building as a good eye catcher hahaha

8. Default  
    See Karl,
    us Ol' Dogs CAN learn new tricks!!! Linked over to your recap video. Looks like the move was helpful!! Awesome!!

Pirates of the Carribean...May 20th.... another Year of the Pirate!!
    Not many of us with a movie franchisecovering your theme!!!
    Looks good in the previews I've seen!!!

buffaloScreams: many of us have looked into those options. If you are looking to use the inflatable haunt as maybe a kid's haunt
    it could work or maybe a small 3D. Not vey effective as a main attraction. Smal footprint and the colums to support the thing take up a major space.
    Same for the Beast. Great curb appeal, could be something to draw your crowd. But not many "rooms" for the size it covers. It IS an eyecatcher!!

Also you may want to check with your fire inspectors. A friend used the inflatable haunt as a small kid's attraction. FD was concerned as to what would happen if he lost power. Concern was it deflating and trapping kids under it!! They wouldn't take any info from the company showing how long it would stay inflated. He had to provide a special back up system to keep seperate power to the blowers incase of a power failure. Just check first, the Beast had several blowers.

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

9. Default  
    Inflateable things are a hassle. You discover late at night it is starting to deflate, walking around you discover one of the fans has blown out a circuit breaker hundreds of feet away behind a locked door and the plug that goes to the extention cord at the fan is smoking. So all of a sudden you are wrestling with things. The now not working fan is now a portal to 12 or16 inch tube of excaping air and has to be tied off. Of course that circuit generally took out a few fans so you are impromptu running cords to a different building to run the fans that still work.

Of course the guy who offered the inflatable even though he lives next door to the attraction has made sure he was gone for the evening. Do you have other fans? Are you into becoming an emediate electrician? The fans work many hours pushing against a force and this is what is going to fail. If you have extra fans they are seriously heavy and ususally there are no elephants to quickly move things into place and save the day. And it is in the dark. It is up to you Mister Phelps if you decide to take this mission.

Happy Halloween.
    Last edited by Greg Chrise; 04-01-2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: not enough coffee yet.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Thread Information