HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Looking For Wood Donations: Who's better for sponsorship, Lowes or Home Depot?

Hybrid View

1. Default Looking For Wood Donations: Who's better for sponsorship, Lowes or Home Depot? 
    Hey guys, I'm looking to get some sheets of OSB and some 2 by 3s donated for our haunt this year. I was wondering if any of you guys have done this in the past, and wheather you went to Lowes or Home Depot. We use the haunt to collect donations and 100% of the proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. I'll probably need 30-50 sheets of OSB and about 100 2 by 3s. Thanks in advance guys!
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

2. Default  
    Where are you located? I have several 2x4s and sheets of OSB I need to get rid of ASAP.

3. Default free wood 
    I have found the best lumber yards are the smaller ones Home Desperate and Lowes around me where not will to give it for free but at 40 to 50 percent off but I have hit up a few smaller stores for thousands of free wood. Good luck to you and you should have a tax number from your charity to help you get the donations.

hope that helps
    Shawn

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
    I have found the best lumber yards are the smaller ones Home Desperate and Lowes around me where not will to give it for free but at 40 to 50 percent off but I have hit up a few smaller stores for thousands of free wood. Good luck to you and you should have a tax number from your charity to help you get the donations.

hope that helps
    Shawn
    Thanks! You're probably right, harder to give out small donations when you're such a large company.

5. Default Free wood 
    Hey here is another free wood source for you. I am getting the largest fence company to bring me there old wood fencing they tear out when they replace it with new. It is great looking wood to nice and old really good weathering. you should hit up your local fence company they don't have too pay to dump it if you take it for free.
    new materials.jpg

Shawn
    http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
    Hey here is another free wood source for you. I am getting the largest fence company to bring me there old wood fencing they tear out when they replace it with new. It is great looking wood to nice and old really good weathering. you should hit up your local fence company they don't have too pay to dump it if you take it for free.
    new materials.jpg

Shawn
    http://bradentonhauntedtrail.com
    Damn! Those fences look great! I'll definately look into that! Thanks so much

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
    Where are you located? I have several 2x4s and sheets of OSB I need to get rid of ASAP.
    I'm in Colorado, North of Denver, so probably too far. I'm not sure though, I might be able to, but I doubt it.

Thread Information