HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Where is a great cheaper place for costumes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Okie Dokie Allen, thanks for the inspiration...here's my spin.... 
    ....I loved the ideas you posted so I tried my hand at a few ideas. Less than $5 and I have my crow skull, enlarged more than the real thing to catch more attention and made out of Sculpy and a clearance chaineyeball rings.jpgcrow skull pendant.jpg, and some eyeball rings. I had the mini eyes sitting around so I just wrapped jewelry wire aroound them and antiqued them. Pretty easy and a start to my costume, YAY!!! Thanks again Allen for the great inspiration!!!

2. Default  
    You guys are great! I never worked with clay before. I gave it a try today, to add to our Haunt's accessory table.
    Thanks for the great ideas . Quality isn't great, but the lighting will be low.polymer clay crafts 001.jpgsteampunk jewellry 001.jpg

3. Default  
    Now mold those in silicone (gel-10) and pour them up in resin (easy flow 120) available from brick in the yard molding supply.
    http://www.shop.brickintheyard.com/c...c?categoryId=9
    I will post a you tube video later on and show you my molds that I use for making dragon teeth and claws to sell in my museum gift shop. I will shoot and edit it tonight so you can see how simple it is. It will be on my channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Stiltbea...s?feature=mhee

Its coming tonight!

Your sculpts are good and you could reproduce them easily and cheaply. Heck Id buy one of your bird skulls.
    Allen H

4. Default  
    It's like my first year in elementary school on this Forum! I learn so much every day!
    We have over 60 volunteers we need costumes for, and our local bank sponsor our event. The bankers also want to be in costume. The cost saving costume, accessory and prop ideas are a huge help.
    I guess I'm off to the hardware store today, to try silicone...yikes!!!!

5. Default  
    Wellinton, those are AWESOME!!!! Very cool stuff! They are fun to make, aren't they? You did a terrific job!!! I've got to get back on the ball and make some more for our haunt...too many haunt projects going on at once that I need to finish first, LOL! But awesome job!

6. Default  
    Thanks for your help on these Kimmy!! Allen Hopp and you give me so many greay ideas, I am at the craft store 4 times a week!
    I love to see what you are working on!
    Perhaps you have a suggestion how to make the nails on this witch about 4:44 into the clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKl7c...eature=related

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Wellinton View Post
    Thanks for your help on these Kimmy!! Allen Hopp and you give me so many greay ideas, I am at the craft store 4 times a week!
    I love to see what you are working on!
    Perhaps you have a suggestion how to make the nails on this witch about 4:44 into the clip
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKl7c...eature=related
    They sell them at Sallie Beauty type stores and possibly even at nail salons. I've seen them and thought they were insanely long. I've made shorter, grossed up fake nails rather easily for latex corpse hands before. I purchase a set of cheap nails, chip the edges to a raggid look, coarse sand them down, and paint the UNDERSIDESof the nails blueish purple and then a wash of pinks and yellows for the top. Authentically scary swamp witch looking nails. The besst picture I have is on this set of hands, but it gives you an idea.
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...orpsehands.jpg

8. Default  
    Thank you ! I'm glad I checked first! Our Haunt pictures that made the newspaper last year, show us where we missed on a few important details on some of our actors.
    This year, special atention to nails and necklines!!

Thread Information