HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Investors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Right now no one knows your specific town, you age, your non profit idea is registered? Experience with charities in any capacity? Maybe your dog in costume is cool but it doesn't warrant dime one. Or the time that equates to spending money in a way.

On a forum like this we can put out all the information we can think of, someone may read it and benefit from it. We have no idea if we are addressing anything specific to your situation as we have no information about you. No one else does either. You have a facebook, twitter and a game account and none of them has the slightest profile information that would make anyone comfortable to offer anything.

It is a two way street. If you did run into someone that was an investor, you wouldn't even know it. They woud probably tell you they could tell you something for $2500. Oh, you don't have any money? Hmmm.

You might get some real support if you actually existed.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default  
    One key way to get involved for cheap is to involve a charity. That is how I got my start and I've done my seminar at Hauntcon, National Haunters on this topic.

If you can approach a charity and tell them if they:
    Help you secure a location
    Utilize their Event insurance for the event
    Help supply actors/staff
    Help Advertise

You will give them 60% of profits from the event and they can be inside the ticket booth to assure the split is just.

As you work w/ the charity you will find sponsors donate more lumber, free ads etc...
    Sure you have to play some politics etc... but the investment is less and it opens a door to some things you may have never encountered otherwise.

I've moved on since those days as we landed a gig managing, designing and working with a larger event.

If you got any questions etc. Drop me a line: todd[MENTION=228]Fear[/MENTION]connection.com

Good Luck

Thread Information