HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Filming a trailer for your Haunt

Hybrid View

1. Default Filming a trailer for your Haunt 
    How do you film a trailer for your haunt this will go on the front page of our website. What all should it include? I dont have the haunt up yet But need to get a small but affective trailer up for this year any Ideas or what have you done in the past?
    Thanks Fam
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

2. Default  
    Do you want the trailer to play as a Flash intro page or have, for example, and inserted YouTube video on the Homepage of your website?

We are definitely going to put a creative trailer together this year too. I'd say take the general theme from your haunt, film local areas, buildings, etc, that incorporate the "creepiness" into the haunt and then throw in a bunch of video special effects. And if you have past footage of actor scares, scenery, anything along those lines would pull it all together too. I've definitely seen some awesome intro videos on other haunter's sites.

My buddy and I used to make a bunch of short films with our summer cars, offroading adventures, etc. We used my Mac computer using iMovie & iDVD. Very easy to use and you'd be surprised what a good video you can have in the end even if you've never done it before.

First and foremost you need the video recorder. 720 or 1080 HD is definitely the way to go.
    District of the Dead, Buffalo's Newest & Most Frightening Haunted House!

All that matters is knowing what you really want, and going after it.

http://www.DistrictoftheDeadBuffalo.com

3. Default  
    Im going to upload it to youtube and have it on the front page of the site. I have some guys who have nice camras and can do some great editing BUT i just dont have a good vision in my head right now AND it wont stop raining to film anything???? lol
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

4. Default  
    Check the TV spots that other haunts have used. Sometimes it is better to use a concept and not actually scenes from your haunt. Keeps the intrique.

Here's a TV commercial we use:

Sets a tone yet doesn't divulge any of the scares!!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

5. Default  
    I see what you mean . Now was that stuff you filmed or from other things?
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

6. Default  
    Sometimes simple is good too.

Much like the one above, we needed to make an intro video which turned into a commercial for a 3D haunt. So a whole bunch of us got together did some 3D makeup and put up black sheets and blacklights in a friend's basement (and even experimented with white sheets and spirals on drills for some added fun. The most we had in way of props with us were some fluorescent colored balls and liquids like tonic water. Then we all took turns just making wild jerky movements in front of the camera, spliced them together, took out random frames to give it that "twitchy Ring" kind of look and it came out awesome. We also concurrently did a photo shoot, and it turned out to be great for both things especially being random and in a basement. Still gotta pull them off DVD to throw on youtube.

The commercial we had done prior was just doing acting in the haunt, and I thought the basement one came out better, because in general look wise it was just cleaner...lol.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

Thread Information