HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Type of Attraction

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Type of Attraction 
    What Type of attraction do you like to perform the most and why?

2. Default  
    House for sure... though it's more costly (electric, security, it goes on and on etc...), you don't have to worry about the rain or cold...and cancelling due to weather... and having patrons walkthrough a house amongst the actors instead of observing them from a wagon (though some places do a good haunt this way), has a more threatening factor for patrons. For most, having the security of the wagon does help the scare factor and can lead to "observation" unless the actors hop onto the wagon and are interactive.
    Blood & Kisses,

~ Nicole

Production Team Member
    The White Star Farm
    "Hey Baby, this blood's for you."

3. Default  
    house defentaly there more weather resentent and you can do more with senery and lighting
    fare thee well and harvest no sorrows

4. Default  
    You can definently scare em more with the house. It seems more "real" But, if you have a tight budget and a tough fire dept. go for the forest. The fire dept. will be easier on you if it's outside.
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

5. Default  
    Less of a hassel with cleaning up a house after you have kil......i mean injured a patron.......... and you can make more hiding sopts for the corps...... I mean actors.......
    Ben Fox
    Actor and Building Manager

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ..and when 25 enter the house and only 24 exit, who's to notice everyone has a little bloody souveneer in their back pocket or chewing on something gnarly, not Bob Gnarly the singer, either!

7. Default  
    HOUSE!!

ok last year i was working both a haunted hay ride and a house, it was killing me not to work the house every night because i needed the money the hay ride offered. But look its not even for those little mistakes its cause you dont get enough TIME to screw with people correctly on a hay ride, its jump on do your thing and jump off and run across the feild for the next batch of 50 people and you do this ALL night, you get 10 seconds for 50 people!!!!
    i love the house because you can pick out the weak and play with them

8. Default  
    I just thought up a good idea for a hayride, using bones and useing them to make the cart. Of course they would have to be human..........
    Ben Fox

"I have been called a lot of things in my life, but Ben Fox is not one of them...... Wait thats my name, I meant to say that....... Wait, I have been called that too..."

9. Default  
    the bone idea though actually sounds like a great idea, but you gotta think about that a little better, actors jump onto that hay ride and they work like that, bone placement has to be careful for the sake of these actors, theres enough blisters, cuts, bruises, broken masks, in the life of a hayride haunter.
    yes, broken masks, ive seen many of the harder masks get cracked when an actor jumps off a hay ride and doesnt realize theres a second cart connected and gets whacked in the face, causing the mask to break.
    TIP:: when working hayride, for gods sake have face protection! little kids punch and hayrides hurt.
    Lori
    Forget the Fear. Embrace the Screams
    11th Hour Haunter
    Sonny Acres hay ride actor management

10. Default  
    But it is more enetrainment for the customers buck when a Hayride actor falls off and gets run over by that second cart. "Hey son, Look at that scary monster, opps he fell off, but the his head gettting severed by the wheel is so realist... wait that was his head.......oh, crap"
    Ben Fox

Thread Information