HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Building or land??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I would say a building. October can be rainy depending where you are. Even a shower is enough to keep some people home.

2. Default  
    IF the goal is to do an outdoor haunt that's one consideration. But if the goal is to put a building on the land, then it might be easiler to go with an existing building.

Building from scratch will require a TON of regulations. IT is much easier to remodel a building than build from scratch. That's why in certain areas if someone wants to build a new house they buy an existing house, tear everything down but ONE wall and incorporate it into the new structure. This way they are not building a new building, just remodeling an old one!!!

Most outdoor attractions end up putting some type of building anyway. But if the land is cheap enough???????
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

3. Default  
    This is my 3rd season outdoors and it has its pros and cons. Sure i would love a dry building that i never had to take all my props down from, but adding buildings, structures, scenes, or whatever else i need is at ease. Outdoor restrictions in my county are slim to none.

The city we live in has strict fire codes, so going blind into an existing building could cost you your whole budget. Sprinklers, Fire Exits, Fire retardant, parking restrictions, and separate wiring from house lights to haunt lights is just the tip of the iceberg is just a few of the problems i came across when wanting to move to indoors. I have the opportunity to purchase the most idea 35k sq ft building in the heart of downtown that was built in the early 1900's, but the amount of work the fire marshal is requiring makes me just want to continue outdoors.

Also, weather is a factor, but if it rains on a night you are open, trust me it effects the biggest haunts in the area just the same.

I like the freedom of expanding with a quick trip to the saw mill, plus i get a nice tan in the summer lol

4. Default  
    Thanks everyone. I will be seeing the locations next weekend, ill see if there is electric near the land If not I will for sure go with the building only because I have my entire haunt pre built and all I need to do is put it inside the location. Yes I would be buying it not a lease so I have year long access and all my interactive rooms run off computers. If this season goes well Ill try picking up the land for future years.

Again Thanks everyone have a nice weekend!

Peter T
    FS

Thread Information