HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default 20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin 
    Went here http://coffinplans.casadesade.com did this!

Paid 11 bucks for the Luan (finish grade paneling) and used 2 furring strips. The skull came from Wal Green's last year. I hope they get some this year, those are great!

2. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    No matter how I figured it, I always had to have about a sheet and a half to make a coffin, in other words a 4 by 8 plus a 4 by 4 sheet of plywood.
    Maybe the sides on this one are abit "skinny"? Maybe that makes up the difference?

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield
    No matter how I figured it, I always had to have about a sheet and a half to make a coffin, in other words a 4 by 8 plus a 4 by 4 sheet of plywood.
    Maybe the sides on this one are abit "skinny"? Maybe that makes up the difference?
    yeah, it is a little shallow, only 8". But it does make a great prop!

I spent a little more (only about $70 :P ) on thicker plywood and 2x2 to hold it togeter and finished it out with firring strips and a two-tone stain scheme.
    Here is a pic of it:

Happy Haunting,
    PH

4. Default  
    I made some heavy-duty, able-to-take-abuse coffins featuring a welded and bolted together steel framework .

5. Default Re: 20 Dollar Real Wood Coffin 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly_Roger
    Went here http://coffinplans.casadesade.com did this!

Paid 11 bucks for the Luan (finish grade paneling) and used 2 furring strips. The skull came from Wal Green's last year. I hope they get some this year, those are great!

Kewl tip!

Thanx bro!

6. Default  
    I made some heavy-duty, able-to-take-abuse coffins featuring a welded and bolted together steel framework .

Do you have a pic of this steel coffin?

7. Default  
    The coffin isn't steel, just the inside frame. It's covered with plywood, bolted to the steel. This way a solid and durable place to mount the hinge is created , nice if someone is ramming and slamming around, opening and closing the door alot.
    Most real coffins are built very flimsey, but then they are a one-way ride.

8. Default  
    At Jim's the coffin door swings both ways!

9. Default  
    He shall remain unnamed, but a renouned haunter went to open a coffin of mine (infront of a whole group of haunters) I was in the coffin looking at him through the bullet holes in the rusty sign mounted on the coffin door, so when his fingers curled around the edge of the lid my fingers curled on top of his!
    I never had seen someone move so quickly backward for such a distance so quickly!!!

I love that rusty sign, it warns about contaminating the hog lot if you don't change your boots, it's from the 1950's, I think?

10. Default  
    The coffin isn't steel, just the inside frame. It's covered with plywood, bolted to the steel. This way a solid and durable place to mount the hinge is created , nice if someone is ramming and slamming around, opening and closing the door alot.
    Most real coffins are built very flimsey, but then they are a one-way ride.
    Hmmmm.... Very interesting coffin! Did you build it yourself? Or, did someone make it for you? Just curious. :D

Thread Information