HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Do Haunts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "And right here at this clearing in the woods was where those people met a bad end. They were haunters discussing which movie monsters they used in their haunt, as they sat there quietly boasting around the campfire they were all ripped apart, small pieces at a time, a hideous death by any standards."
    "I suppose the Hollywood people had this done to them for copying their copyrighted monster?"
    "No, actually those people were killed by space aliens who felt their gods were being insulted by being depicted as haunt creatures."
    "You mean..."
    "Yes, the alien's second stop was to visit destruction and misery upon those Hollywood copy-cats for degrading those same gods !"

There's a storyline.

2. Default  
    //goggles in awe
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

3. Default  
    My last bit of advice is to keep your story line simple and sweet. If you make it too elaborate, people will not be able to keep up.

3 parts. Set-up, one or two bits of story progression, then the finale. More the that and you will lose people. Every room and every scare does not have to contribute to the story line, but they should all be part of the theme. Hope I am making sense....

=Joel=

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I once feared that I might be losing the audience in many ways , if your average audience member is 14 this probably would be more true than not.
    Many years ago I decided I would appeal to the older crowd and take a chance by giving them more information and maybe those customers who couldn't process it faded away but I think they were replaced by a group that liked this type of show. I also need to have people attending my house year round and they also need to have a car and some spending money. Yes 14 year olds can bend Mommy or Daddy's ear enough to get them to drive out here but I like to see the 14 year old as simply a starting point of beginning to create a long-term patron who will be appreciating my style of show as time goes on.
    Warning. It does require alot more time and energy to give more show.
    Chasing people down a short hallway to the exit doesn't .
    I have yet to find the customer who responds "yes" to the question:"Would you drive back out here to see my house if it was a ten minute chase-through?"

Thread Information