HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Opinion on haunt name choice.

Hybrid View

1. Default Opinion on haunt name choice. 
    After a lot of words I've decided on Evil Paradise. Thought it was easy enough to remember and made for an interesting oxymoron.

2. Default  
    The word "Paradise" doesn't bring anything scary to mind. In fact, it makes me think of quite the opposite! I'm just imagining two zombies sprawled out on the beach sipping on drinks with the little umbrellas. :P

Just my 2 cents!

3. Default "Fools Paradise" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A very common phrase that kind of puts two sort of opposites next to another...
    Some haunt names don't leave much freedom to evolve, if that might be in the cards on down the road..
    Aiming for the teen audience? Maybe a gnarly, radical , even gruesomely descriptive couple of such words riding beside one another will trip their wallet digging finger-tips? (If that is what this is all about?)
    "Ravens Grin" is a perfect name for what kind of a show we do here. (Well, at least I think so!)
    I play the anticipation and stir up fear(s) then the punchline is attempted humor.
    We still manage to scare people here. They are some fairly unusual methods and set-ups, that can catch most people off guard a high percentage of the time.
    Then there is the totally fictious haunt name I had screened upon several T-shirts many years ago:
    "Doctor Eval Bloodfeast's House of the Ultimate Satanick Jr. Leeches" (Voted "Suckiest!")

4. Default  
    The antonym of paradise was hell, however that didn't seem to flow as well as evil.

5. Default Or Maybe? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Go totally nuts/creative and call it "Pair Of Vices" Have twin vices squeezing two heads.
    "We are feeling cranky tonight!"
    Or a vice squeezing a beer can and a pack of smokes.
    The other vice could do the underware. hahaha!

6. Default  
    What is the theme of your haunt? Those two names just dont sound good together. You might try something like Evil Realm or Evil Domain. Evil Embodyment? You may not like those either but I think they sound more like a haunted houses name. Its your haunt call it whatever you want.
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    www.houseoffright.com
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    Evil Parasite?

Ruins of Paradise?

8. Default What's goes into a name...... 
    3 important factors I would look at from a marketing prospective.

1. Something catchy and easy to remember: I like allen said you want thoughts to pop in the customers head and you want them to remember the same so they can look you up on the web.
    2. Relative to your biz: when they hear they name they know it's related to Halloween, haunted, scary etc. You wanted name your ice cream shop "The Ham Shack".
    3. World Wide Web: what ever name you go with, make sure the website is avaliable. This consistency will aid in branding your haunt and name recoginition.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Thread Information