HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Opinion on haunt name choice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I was trying to find some words that weren't over used already. Haunt and fright are pretty much beaten to death. The Darkness is hardly a scary name but then you look into it's reputation can the fear ensues.

2. Default  
    How about Nefarious ? I am surprised I haven't seen that or you can call it Nefarious Utopia which is pretty much what your idea with just non trite words. If industrial you can go with Utopia13... pretty much the same too just using different words and a symbolic number. All play off your original concept.... even House of Nefarious.

Origin:
    15951605; < Latin nefārius wicked, vile, equivalent to nefās offense against divine or moral law ( ne- negative prefix + fās law, right) + -ius -ious, with intervocalic s > r

3. Default "Spooky Stains!" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    The Underware Poisoner!
    Dreams of the Rabid Weasel !
    Fear Multiplier!
    My Parents Were Both Clown-Zombies!
    Taking No Physical Prisoners (just mental)
    Infected Midnight
    Moon lit Shovels
    Banjo music In the Dark!
    Plan Ten From Inner space!

4. Default  
    I actually like evil paradise. The fact that as soon as you hear it images pop in yuour head (The pina coloda zombies) means its effectve. Your already in their head so the name has a hook. You just need to be as big as your hook and live up to the name.
    It aslo has a great advantage of being early in the alphabet. So in free listings of October events it will be one of the first ones listed. If your going to pick
    "Evil paradise" then own it, involve it in your theme and let your guests know why its named that.
    Allen H

5. Default Here You Go, Allan. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Go alphabetical for early listings? Sure. How about "Assured Apoplexie" (Apoplexie defined as brain function stoppage from a stroke or other things...like scared to death?)
    I contemplated calling The Ravens Grin Inn "The Halloween Inn" except I knew I was going to be open every night of the year and most people would hear "Halloween" and think I was only open October 31st!
    If a person opening a haunt has a different kind of show or an unusual location, maybe one with some odd history to it, then try to incorporate some of those things into the name, although incorporating the haunt's address works too, especially if you have a secure location.
    My place had been a tavern, a bordello, an Oldsmobile dealership, a school house, apartment house.
    "So if all of those things were here today, you could come here to get your diploma, be driving home drunk in your new car, with your floozey girlfriend next to you that you barely know, and life doesn't any better than this for some people!"
    (Very hard to put All of that into a name)

6. Default  
    Evil Parasite?

Ruins of Paradise?

7. Default What's goes into a name...... 
    3 important factors I would look at from a marketing prospective.

1. Something catchy and easy to remember: I like allen said you want thoughts to pop in the customers head and you want them to remember the same so they can look you up on the web.
    2. Relative to your biz: when they hear they name they know it's related to Halloween, haunted, scary etc. You wanted name your ice cream shop "The Ham Shack".
    3. World Wide Web: what ever name you go with, make sure the website is avaliable. This consistency will aid in branding your haunt and name recoginition.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

Thread Information