HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Snake Room

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Snake Room 
    I have enjoyed reading many great ideas on this site. I am a new member loving the posts from so many creative experts !! I am wondering what ideas you might be able to offer me for the snake room I was assigned to this Haunt Season. I already bought about 1000 snakes large and small, and I have three Scare Actors to dress. I have a room about 10 x12 feet .
    Any ideas would be great!
    Wellinton

2. Default  
    I've been through snake rooms that usedgarden hose cut and hung from the ceiling that you have to walk through. Pretty cool effect.

Also, here's a how to for a spitting snake that looks cool: http://www.thefrighteners.com/Spitting%20Snake.htm

3. Default  
    Oh and I almost forgot...welcome to the boards!!!

4. Default  
    Thank you Kimmy! I love it!

5. Default 1000 snakes 
    Well you should have enough snakes...lol but what i have done is hanging them all throughout the room and cut holes in the walls to weave the snakes in and out of the holes. if you want more snakes in the holes you can cut them in half and use as twice as many holes. OH almost forgot i made the walls look like rock so you can put some in crevices and cracks. well that is just one of my ideas ohh and live snakes in tanks are always helpful to heighten the effect.

Shawn
    Twisted Woods

6. Default Ok... 
    I love snake rooms, here is my favorite way to do them now. I normally use one actor but two will do.
    make the path across the room look like a bridge Palletts work great for that (for the wood- dont just throw down a few pallets).
    If you can make it wind a bit thats great. Get a few shiatsu massagers the ones that look like this maybe four of them.

I get them at thrift stores for about $10.
    Get a few large blankets or sheets that are dark- grey or green or blue are awesome. Attach them to the wall on one edge and get enough pf them to cover the floor (that isint bridge). The shiatsu massagers as well as some card board boxes (different sizes some half crushed) go under the sheets, the snakes go all over the floor on top of the sheets. When the massagers are on it looks like the whole room full of snakes are undgulating- one big writhing mass.

The actors are on the floor also (in spots you left fairly clear) they are under half inch upholstry foam (carpet pad will work) painted to look like the sheet, then with snakes attached like the sheet. Sheets are to thin and dont hide their form enough. they can see out of holes with snakes obscuring the holes of course.
    Hang some plants like mentioned and add some on the walls. I have a tutorial on making vines on my you tube channel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dF-u00D044
    The guests should see a sea of writhing snakes on each side of the bridge then as the are almost across the actors pop and reach out for them. Its a great effect.
    Allen H

7. Default  

8. Default Then To Make The Patrons Feel Better... 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    The next room is well lit, there are little skinny lockers where the snakes hung their arms and legs when they came in to work.
    "We wouldn't hire real scary snakes here. We hired the reptiles formerly known as "snakes" but they are obviously trying to quit being so arm-less and leg-less scary when they are away from the haunt. I am not positive but I think one of them was succesfully elected recently, real nice guy, he still "Hisses" abit when he gets excited."

9. Default  
    I would like to see a vid of your idea Allen. If you got one. Kinda gives me the willies thinkin about it. Dark Raven had some awesome snakes at t.w. Look them up on youtube. Also the beast in K.C has the largest python in captivity. It is actually in the Guniess Book of World Records. Its like 24 ft long or 28? Cant remember but its hugh! They have a scene where you view it in its plexiglass giant cage snake area. And while you stop and look at it. Above your head they have a snake over a airhose that drops down and goes off and it scares the hell out of everyone! Sounds like a loud hiss! Great scare!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    www.houseoffright.com
    Damon Carson

10. Default Animated Snakes 
    I have a couple of Animated Snake options for you.
    Here are a couple of links with videos....

http://poisonprops.com/index.php?mai...products_id=46

http://poisonprops.com/index.php?mai...products_id=66

Thread Information