HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Glass protected displays inside the Haunt

Hybrid View

1. Default Glass protected displays inside the Haunt 
    I used to use 3/4 inch thick plexiglass to protect a prop at close quaters with the patrons. That was several years ago and I'm getting back into prop making after about 14 years.
    Since plexiglass is now considered too flamable I was going to use saftey glass with perhaps the plexiglass underneath. Any suggestions?
    Thanks!

Last edited by Wellington Hackmeat; 06-04-2011 at 07:06 PM.

2. Default  
    Lexan like race car windows.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

3. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    Lexan like race car windows.
    Thanks! I'll need a class A rating. Does it need to be treated?

4. Default  
    no.........Think funny car fires and ethanol you can't even see burn. If that's a problem you need to just slap the crap out of your fire marshal for about an hour until he understands, You can pound on it for scares, it doesn't scratch like plexiglass or break like glass.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    I second lexan.
    Thanks! What thickness do you prefer?

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Chrise View Post
    no.........Think funny car fires and ethanol you can't even see burn. If that's a problem you need to just slap the crap out of your fire marshal for about an hour until he understands, You can pound on it for scares, it doesn't scratch like plexiglass or break like glass.
    I just hope I don't get that goofy Fire Marshal from Georgia who does the "Joan of Arc" fire test. I'll keep my anti-firemarshall basin wrench handy.

Thread Information