HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: Should a queue line have it's own theme?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes! it does help a haunt set the mood

46 92.00%
  • it helps a little bit

3 6.00%
  • no! it doesn't help a haunt at all

1 2.00%

Thread: Should a queue line have it's own theme?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Yes!!! 
    Anything that adds that bit of extra detail is always good! Our ticket queue has a sort of overgrown structure theme. Not to mention we have a huge indoor water fall

right in the center of the attraction
    Matthew Colton
    Frightworld America's Screampark
    http://www.frightworld.com/

2. Default I Really Got Their Attention! 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I had some video clips playing on my outdoor TV from a movie that was not yet availble, yet VERY popular , and long awaited by numerous FANS!
    "How! Where? Did HE get that?"
    Probably the LAST thing they ever expected to see here in the middle of "No Where". Little Mount Carroll, Illinois.
    The lesson is.. never under-rate anyone, no matter who they are or where they live, or you will get surprised!
    And some people don't like surprises! (Insert evil laugh here~)

3. Default  
    I think anything that can set up customers expectations for your event is a good thing. The sooner you have their attention the more time they will be entertained, and that is their money well spent. This is also where line entertainment comes in handy with giant queue-line costuming and other roamers can play a heavy roll.

www.gore-galore.com/gallery.
    Just check out some of the early pics of the cemetery. This scene was just after entering the building so it was a covered area that held about 45 people and was also the first room. And there was additional Queue-line for about 400 people outside the event under cover.

The main characters in the in door queue-line set up the rest of the event by telling the back story of the attraction. It was the beginning of the attraction.

4. Default  
    Think Disney!

No, your queue line shouldn't have it's own theme. It should share the theme of the attraction. Your attraction doesn't start after people get through the line, it should start when people get in line or earlier.

1) Entertain people while they are in line.
    2) Introduce people to the theme, storyline, etc.

When designing my attraction, I actually divided it up into 4 zones:
    1) Outside entertainment (before they get in line)
    2) Queue line entertainment
    3) The main show
    4) Exiting the attraction

All 4 of these zones were planned with separate entertainment, but all tied into the same overall theme. People who paid close attention (I know there were some) found elements that carried over from zone to zone to tell a story within the story of our attraction.

There are three rules to designing a haunt. Unfortunately, nobody knows what they are.

Haunt: www.ScarecrowTheater.com

5. Default  
    Another thing to think of is no one who's successful runs a haunt they run a haunted attraction. From the minute you get there til the second you've run to your car you're immersed in the experience. Also the real good ones people are like "wait I'm in sewer now?". When they can't tell the difference between reality or forget this isn't real that's when you have a product which sells itself. A FB post is worth 50 radios ads because it's an endorsement from them.

6. Default  
    I think queue lines are the best part of haunts. It's where the attention of your customers are at it's highest and a good queue is able to tell the story of your haunt and set the mood. I love psychological thrillers moreso than slasher flicks... and it all has to do with anticipation and build-up.

Show me a great queue line and I'll show you a great haunt.

Now let's see some more pictures! Ha.
    Ryan

http://SCREAMFREAK.com
    Virginia's Best Haunted Attractions

7. Default  
    Haunted memphis said it about as good as I could

8. Default DarkSyde que 
    We have a 5,000 square foot que-line at DarkSyde Acres, originally we designed sets as special previews to our multiple attractions with video screens, playing rules or commercials thru-out. One of the best thing s about our themed out queline was that most people actually assumed they were in the Haunted House, I think a theme is definitely required and entertainment a must have for anywhere you have guests waiting.
    Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

9. Default A Recent Facebook Post.. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Of mine for Ravens Grin I told a story of the possible personal experience of traveling to my house, sights along the way, rural, lonely(= "scary?") and then how this small village looks upon their arrival,like a movie set , it's 1870 again! And it's all REAL! Civil War cannons, Civil War monument with statues, brick streets, antique street lights, all with the vision of the city graveyard looking right down at all of the downtown from the next hill. (The "Dead" are watching everything we do.")
    Turn the corner, right behind all of this .. is The Ravens Grin Inn , another 1870 big old Italianate house , with a real haunted history. A proprty surrounded by parking lots and woods a haunted, haunted house at the edge of a cliff.
    This type of post, "ad" , if you will, caused a response of "After that last paragraph, I will be coming to see your house next month!"
    Sounds very good to me.

10. Default Why st at the queue? 
    Our theme extends to the outside as well. When people get out of their cars and enter into "the zone" they are met with audio that extends inside the haunt. Props and atmosphere outside starts setting them up for what lies inside. The queue is an important part to us, and we spend a lot of time making sure the queue is as detailed and haunting as the haunt itself.

Thread Information