HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Addvertisement question?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Default Addvertisement question? 
    I was talking to my local Clear Channel radio sales rep And of course he wants me to spend my whole advertising budget with them. But I am not doing that, I was wondering how many spots do you have on your local radio stations per day, and what type of music channels seem to work the best for you? I know there are a lot of variables but in general how many spots per day to make a good radio presence?

Thank you for any help you can
    Shawn
    Twisted Woods

P.S. I was only going to advertise Thursdays through Saturdays since we will only be open Fridays and Saturdays. To help keep my budget down.
    Last edited by Bradenton Haunted Trail; 06-15-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: P.S.

2. Default  
    Some people say radio spot are outdated, others live by them. I guess it depends on your market. Personally, I would rather spend money on a highway billboard or print ad in popular magazine before I bought radio time. If you want to do radio, I suggest you have the station do a live at location event. That's way you get radio time plus the direct traffic that will come to see the station live.

Now choosing a station is a whole other task in it self. Take a step back and figure out who your target market is. Are you looking to reach out to teens? If so buy spots on the local to 40 stations. Do you have a large Hispanic population I'm your area? If so buy spots on the tejano station. It's simple methodology when you sit back and look at the big picture.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

3. Default yes on print 
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
    Some people say radio spot are outdated, others live by them. I guess it depends on your market. Personally, I would rather spend money on a highway billboard or print ad in popular magazine before I bought radio time. If you want to do radio, I suggest you have the station do a live at location event. That's way you get radio time plus the direct traffic that will come to see the station live.

Now choosing a station is a whole other task in it self. Take a step back and figure out who your target market is. Are you looking to reach out to teens? If so buy spots on the local to 40 stations. Do you have a large Hispanic population I'm your area? If so buy spots on the tejano station. It's simple methodology when you sit back and look at the big picture.
    We are also doing print and Billboard, But yes we do have a large Hispanic community did not think about that Thank you.

Shawn
    Twisted Woods

4. Default  
    Where are you guys located in FL?
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

5. Default location 
    Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
    Where are you guys located in FL?
    Bradenton is just north of Sarasota and about 30 min south of Tampa.

Shawn
    Twisted Woods

6. Default station remotes 
    I actually advise against having radio stations do remotes. Ive never had a draw from it beyond 20 or so people. Radio stations try to use them as an added value to you but really they end up advertising themselves to your customers. Thats just my opinion from my experience.

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
    I am spending money on Newspaper

Thank you again
    Shawn
    Twisted Woods
    I would absolutely not waste any money on newspaper. Total 50+ demo at least in my market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhays View Post
    I would absolutely not waste any money on newspaper. Total 50+ demo at least in my market.
    If you have a local weekly rag that gears towards the college and 20's demographic, this might be a good idea, but newspapers are dying and the demographics are aging out. I personally do not know of anyone under age 30 that subscribes to a weekly paper, but I read 5-10 papers online every day. You might see if you can only do online advertising with them...

9. Default Tampa prints 
    Tampa / St Pete has a daily paper geared toward night life and news for everyone in the younger generation. Can't think what it is called but it is available everywhere ...Starbucks etc etc.. It has concert listing reviews and things to do on weekends. It would have the exposure you would be looking for.
    Mike
    PS..Sent you a email earlier today

10. Default  
    We had a couple of radio stations do remotes at our haunt last year. Mostly they were doing their own contests for concert tickets and stuff. They weren't any radio stations I listen to, college and rap stations. I didn't pick them. I don't think they were broadcasting from the haunt. About 2 years ago one of the local TV station came out and did a story on their daily magazine show, but it was the last weekend of the season when they broadcast it. I'd say spend money on billboards, going with a major radio station in the area if you want to, if doing anything in print then go with like a weekly free classified that gets delivered to everybody in the mail, we have an ad on the front page of that every week through out Sept and Oct.

Thread Information