HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Addvertisement question?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default I agree with Allen 
    We have done 2 remotes here and I have not seen enough in customers whatsoever. I personally think your money could be spent in better places.

2. Default  
    Also, I think that you really have to examine two factors when considering radio ads.

1. What are the demo's of the people visiting your haunt.
    2. Are they active radio listeners and if so, what stations.

The age of the person visting your haunt may determine if and what stations that you spend money with. If you have a young 13 - 22 demo that only listen to a few stations, but are more into Facebook and streaming radio like Pandora or the like, then I wouldn't buy the radio, but focus my ad dollars on social ads and new media. But if you have a large 19 - 28 demo that attend the local Univ and listen to the local college ran station the majority of the time, then it might be worth it.

The most important thing is to do your market research to find out who's coming to your haunt. That will tell you where and when to spend your advertising budgets.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com

3. Default Thank you all 
    Well you guys have me reconsidering my radio budget it was going to be around 5k to 7k so now what. I am a first year pro haunt and I am spending money on Newspaper, Billboards, One really cool LED sign since there is a festival right across the street that pulls 60k plus in guest each October.(pumpkin festival) I really do appreciate all the advise so far.

Thank you again
    Shawn
    Twisted Woods

4. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradenton Haunted Trail View Post
    I am spending money on Newspaper

Thank you again
    Shawn
    Twisted Woods
    I would absolutely not waste any money on newspaper. Total 50+ demo at least in my market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by bhays View Post
    I would absolutely not waste any money on newspaper. Total 50+ demo at least in my market.
    If you have a local weekly rag that gears towards the college and 20's demographic, this might be a good idea, but newspapers are dying and the demographics are aging out. I personally do not know of anyone under age 30 that subscribes to a weekly paper, but I read 5-10 papers online every day. You might see if you can only do online advertising with them...

6. Default Tampa prints 
    Tampa / St Pete has a daily paper geared toward night life and news for everyone in the younger generation. Can't think what it is called but it is available everywhere ...Starbucks etc etc.. It has concert listing reviews and things to do on weekends. It would have the exposure you would be looking for.
    Mike
    PS..Sent you a email earlier today

7. Default  
    We had a couple of radio stations do remotes at our haunt last year. Mostly they were doing their own contests for concert tickets and stuff. They weren't any radio stations I listen to, college and rap stations. I didn't pick them. I don't think they were broadcasting from the haunt. About 2 years ago one of the local TV station came out and did a story on their daily magazine show, but it was the last weekend of the season when they broadcast it. I'd say spend money on billboards, going with a major radio station in the area if you want to, if doing anything in print then go with like a weekly free classified that gets delivered to everybody in the mail, we have an ad on the front page of that every week through out Sept and Oct.

8. Default  
    Parents drive the kids and see the coupon for the haunt in the paper. I dont think news papers are dead when the demo that reads them gives money and drives the target demo to our shows.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    Parents drive the kids and see the coupon for the haunt in the paper. I dont think news papers are dead when the demo that reads them gives money and drives the target demo to our shows.
    I suppose it depends on your target market. I would say less than 20% of our attendance is kids below driving age. Probably closer to 10%. Is that unusual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

10. Default  
    For me it is. I am a park that opens at 7:30 and closes at 1:30. You can do kareoke, we have shops, we have lots of food, rides, and great walk around entertainment in the court yards. So we get a ton of teens dropped off at 7 and picked up at midnight. Not my favorite customers but I think they are consistant. For a $25 admission its cheaper than a sitter.
    Allen H

Thread Information