HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Help With Corn Field

1. Default Help With Corn Field 
    Hi everyone we opened a small haunt last year did pretty well, we had a haunted trail, cemetery, 2 Haunted Houses and a corn field. The corn grew very well and was excellent for the first 2 weeks but by the third week the corn was getting trampled badly by the animals climbing the stalks to get the corn, it still worked out but could of been better. The whole area is fenced in but the deer, racoons, ect... are jumping over the fence. It is indian corn also, but the animals dont seem to mind. What im asking is I know most of you guys are way more experienced at this then we are, is there a product or some solution to our problem. We planted last week for this years season and dont want to make the same mistake. Any info you guys have will be greatly appreciated thanks.

2. Default  
    That sounds like a full force production and not a small haunt. My advice is to stick with it. You will learn more and more with each year. If your making money than your doing so something right.

Good Luck
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

3. Default  
    My hairdresser once told me that landscapers take most of their hair clippings from her salon and put it around the perimeter of gardens to deter deer and raccoons and other critters that like to munch in the garden. It sounds goofy, but she swore the landscapers really saw results because they could smell the human scent and would stay away. Possibly it might work for you?!?! Maybe starting to collect hair clippings from several salons would get you enough to line the perimeter? It might be an easy and free solution! Good luck, raccoons are pesky critters!

4. Default  
    ive heard that too kimmy
    BLOOD, GUTS AND GORE!
    www.horrorfields.com

5. Default  
    I actually heard that to Kimmy, Im gonna try it. I also heard that there is a blood meal spray that smells really bad, but the smell sticks to you for a while and you can taste it while your appling it. I will be hiring someone to do that if it comes down to it haha.

6. Default  
    Go to your local boys ranch and pick up the cheapest cologne or perfume you can get and spray the perimeter of the field. Works good.... I could tell you how to kill them critters but most people frown on it so Im guessing Ill save that one.

7. Default  
    I put up a dog kennel in the corn area last year and the dogs keep them out pretty well.

8. Default  
    You could also pee around the fence perimeter and that will keep the deer out. A

9. Default  

Thread Information