HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Getting the towns ok

1. Default Getting the towns ok 
    How do you sweet talk the zoning board or get their blessing? Building owners seem confused as to how to classify me too. I was told by a Fire Marshall it's a public assembly.

2. Default  
    "Sweet talk" may be a little high in the expectations dept, but you can gain favor by being 110% prepared and ready to speak thier language when you meet. Your fire marshal is right- it is a public assembly, and our process ended up as our haunt being coded like a museum- public assembly with no seating.

I was polite and respectful when we met more than a half dozen times to exchange information- and I always returned with the answers to their questions. Our building is zoned light industrial, but gained approval for its use as a public assembly without a zoning change.

Make sure to ask for approvals in writing.
    How can a man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers and the temple of his gods.

What you put into your mind- you put into your life.

www.zombietoxin.com

3. Default  
    Per NFPA 101 Life Safety Code a haunt is classified as a special amusement occupancy which has stricter requirements than a general public occupancy.
    Last edited by MindWerxKMG; 06-29-2011 at 12:32 PM.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

4. Default  
    We are classified as Special Assembly or Public Assembly as well. I am guessing other cities will be different. Read your codes and know them before you go in. Be polite. It is all about getting those permits.
    http://darkscares.com/

Thread Information