HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: 2007 Season

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ok I got'cha. Well good luck this year.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

2. Default  
    being in our 6th year we have some big changes for this year, but now we might have found a new bigger and better home (4,000 sf in the middle of no where to 11,000 sf off a major highway) So now we're kind of on standstill until we figure out whats going on with the building.

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

3. Default  
    Sean,

WOW... I hope everything works out for you and the building, sounds like a big, and better, change! Good luck man. -Tyler

4. Default  
    Our haunt will be meeting at the end of the month to decide whether or not to even operate at all this year. Attendance has been declining ever since 9-11 although it did come back up a bit last year compared to previous years. We no longer operate the haunted barn (only a decent haunted hayride) so without a multiple haunted attraction, attendance has dropped. The biggest problem is that the owner of the show doesn't spend much to upgrade the attraction. Customers experience basically the same show every year and without a noticable "change" every other year or so, the customers just don't come back. If we operate this year, it will be the 25th anniversary of the event but only if we have a sufficient number of people to run the show.
    The Haunter's Depot
    www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Howie Slobber Erlich
    Hey Gwen,

We try and re-use as much as possible. If we don't use it, we store it for the future. We collect all kinds of stuff that gets stored until we find a use for it.

We don't purchase a lot of props. We build most of our stuff ourselves. But when we do buy things we try and keep it to things that can be used in different scenes year after year.

Hope that answered your question.

Howie
    Hey, Howie...

I'M Gwen! LOL! That was Brad you answered.

6. Default  
    Oops!

Sorry about that!

Slobber ops:

7. Default  
    Yeah, I started to say something about it. But it's all good!!
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

8. Default  
    We had a crew party 2 weeks ago just to touch base. Chad Savage is reworking our website. We just rebuilt about 75 wall panels and will be heading to the Rocky Point auction at the end of the month. Mike

9. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Well, I have built a coverd bridge facade, front and back for the Vortex Tunnel that I ordered from Joe. I built the undertakers facade with a small CGI effect built in it and I have started to build the civil war cannons, one will shoot air the other water. I bought a air cannon from MidnightEvil and I took a long drive and picked up a wicked hearse that I got on ebay. A haunters work is never done. I'll post some photos in Aug. when we start putting up the haunt.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    The other night someone stole some of my lighting so I'm now putting more time and effort and money into making them even less available to their little mits.
    This time I know for sure it was not the raccoons unless these raccoons are six feet tall and can reach way above their heads while standing on a railing, maybe I'm just put everything back how it was and just grease the railing?
    Then my smoke alarm system began going off. Just one detector, with little bugs living in it makes life noisey.
    Today I began the preliminary welding on a robot monster for the newly cleared spot in my basement. It will be bolted together from many smaller assemblies since I am using steel for the whole critter. This time I am only grinding off the rust where I weld it, leaving the nasty old rust everywhere else, I think it will possibly achieve a look of a creation from long ago, another time and place...But It's Here NOW! RUN!!!

Thread Information