HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: how close to the competition do you wanna be?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    The haunt I work at is on a Christmas Tree farm, owned by the same people. The next nearest big haunt is about a 30 min away, in another state. That one is in a building that I would assume they own since they have permanent signs and have been there for more than 10 years. There is also some corn mazes and school gym haunts around. I have never really seen a haunt in an unused building although every year the Spirit Halloween Store seems to be in a different location.

2. Default  
    I think with how our economy is, landlords can't take the risk of a short term rent. Even though it's something in their pockets, they just don't want the hassel of leasing the rest of the year. I think they would just let the space sit empty and collect dust ans cob-webs.....hey wait a minute...........natural scene props...LOL!!!!

My thought is, it's much harder for a haunter to seek an old and empty space to short lease, the whole trailor haunt thing is cool and works, I think haunters should get together with some farm someplace that currently does their own fall activities and talk to the owners about haunting on their property.

Now for those getting into the business that can afford to purchase their property, what ever it may be a building or land, then good for them.

I can also believe about the miss conception of haunts, but I won't say anything on this topic exept some of the things or sets that are thought up and put into haunts can be over the top and not needed to be scary.

But to answer the bigger question, it's OK to be close to other haunts, just become friends fast this way haunts don't get pushy to one another!

Mr. Haunt

Thread Information