HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: is the haunt industry doomed?????

Hybrid View

1. Default is the haunt industry doomed????? 
    I was wondering what people are thinking, about the haunt industry? Some people are saying that with the economy, and with the amount of haunted attractions popping up every where that the haunt industry is doomed. what does every one think are haunted attractions here to stay?

2. Default  
    in time of depression many look for escape. better entertainment than gambling.

3. Default Dooooommmmmed 
    Yes it is doomed stay out of the industry, don't open a haunt near me , don't open a hay ride or a corn maze, just ignore the thousands of people you see out there they are just props to entice you. lol

Shawn
    Twisted Woods

4. Default  
    Doomed, never. It's kinda like amusement parks, no matter how much money they lose they always open next season. Well most of them.

The only doom I see is gov't intervention takes place creating restrictions so tight that haunts will no longer pass code to open. But then again haunts can just move to unincorporated land.

It would be a very sad day if haunts become doomed.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

5. Default  
    Like any industry it has its ups and downs. Thankfully I think haunts have been a regular staple of entertainment enough to where no matter what they will always be around. As long as there is entertainment and Halloween there will be haunted attractions. Going to a Haunted House in October for many is just like taking their kids to see Santa around Christmas. It has become part of the holiday. Im sure it will continue to have ups and downs....but will never die.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

6. Default  
    Holiday tradition that will never die. Will always be a must do past time for generations to come!
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

7. Default  
    those restrictions are caused by people who don't know what they're doing ---- they do something stupid and the government has to add an extra code in the book to restrict the rest of us. the code book will never loosen, it'll always just ratchet tighter and tighter after each incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted Prints (EOM) View Post
    The only doom I see is gov't intervention takes place creating restrictions so tight that haunts will no longer pass code to open. But then again haunts can just move to unincorporated land.

It would be a very sad day if haunts become doomed.

The world's SMALLEST and BRIGHTEST LED spotlights! Built for haunters.

8. Default To clarify... LOL 
    "Get rich quick" is a very loose term....
    What I should have said was....
    "Any goofball with a couple hundred bucks and some olf animatronics who thinks that they can toss a couple haunts together in a few weeks."
    Totally gives the rest a bad name, because we are all "haunted houses"
    Do Vegan Zombies eat heads of lettuce?

Thread Information