HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Need some advise from the seasoned veterans

Hybrid View

1. Default Need some advise from the seasoned veterans 
    I'm going on my forth year of being in the haunt buisness. The past 3 years I have used 95% of my ad budget on radio. I have had ok results but nothing to write home about. A new Advertising guy I have been talking to suggests I should use half my ad budget this year on Cable TV and billboard, and park benchs. The cable tv sounds interesting the billboard and bus benchs I'm not so sure about. Any advise would be greatly appreicated.

2. Default "How did You Find Out About My House?" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "My friend told me."
    "My relative brought me here."
    Unfortunately for those who sell advertising of any kind, THIS IS STILL WHAT "WORKS"!
    Personal testimonials.
    What does this "cost"?
    Bending your back and butt to impress those customers!! Treat every one of them like "Gold", because they ARE!
    Advice from Jim Warfield-Beginning the Ravens Grin Inn's 630th "Season" (If 2 weeks = a season. OPEN every night of the year for 25 years.)

3. Default  
    From what I have experienced, radio is effective. Other ways that I have found effective are Billboards [if designed well and placed in a great location], posters [never can have too many], web advertisements, local news plugs, but perhaps the greatest advertisement of all...is word of mouth.

4. Default  
    I am not a huge fan of radio or television ads. How many people these days watch or listen to commercials. They can work, just make sure you choose the right times and stations.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

5. Default Just This Morning.. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    As my Wife and I were disscussing the various types of advertising , she said it again:"90% of our first time customers appear at our door because some happy customer told them about Ravens Grin" ...so how much money should we ever spend to just attract that possible 10%?

I am a "Seasoned Veteran" even if soap in my armpit does disguise exactly which seasoning I have been brewing.
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 07-18-2011 at 08:51 PM.

6. Default  
    Thanks for all the input. uffortunatley over the last 3years my location has moved every year . I know I know it would by alot better if i was in a perrment location trying to build up to that. So I am forced to spend x dollars on advertising to get them to us. Word off mouth is not a problem 90% of the people exiting the haunt say it was the best one they have seen in my area. So the question still is if you had to chose whitch would be the better ad venue

Thread Information