HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: any ideas ,how to build a cave

1. Default any ideas ,how to build a cave 
    I am looking to build a cave on the entrance to my haunt .I want it to look like real rocks .Anyone know how i can get this look . thanks the crypt keeper

2. Default  
    Here are some ideas.

http://www.makefakerocks.com/

3. Default  
    The "Search" option on here works wonders.

4. Default  
    Chad Portenga Guest
    We built a mining tunnel one year by using plywood walls. After assembly, we added foam chunks to simulate rocky protrusions. After that, we had a local contractor (a friend of our group) come in and spray in foam insulation over everything. Then, we painted the walls to give it a rocky appearance. Finally, we covered the seams with 4x4 we scavenged from some long shipping skids so it looked like the trusses that hold the roof up. (We had to use skids for the ceiling because of fire code and sprinkler coverage but the effect still worked great).

5. Default  
    check out Nethercraft if you have the dough, they have great panels for this project.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe P View Post
    check out Nethercraft if you have the dough, they have great panels for this project.
    agree. we did a mine shaft and used vac form from nethercraft. make sure you get a heat gun if you need to do any custom forming! we were able to bend the stuff to make it all encompassing.

7. Default Cave effect 
    I have done a cave- tunnel effect for 2 years now, and will be doing it again in our new section.

I frame in the walls and ceiling with bracing boards. Over this staple window screening and form into rock forms or croppings. On top of this I sprayed drywall mud/paint mixture "monster mud). The effect was incredible.
    Attached Images
    Scaring the yell out of them
    Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Thread Information