HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Super Cheap Room Ideas?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I've been wanting to do an upside down room! Cemetery is the first one to come to mind. If there's enough height, take some brown cloth and spray paint patches like black and green. Staple them to the above railing / support frames and then hang tombstones up, upside down, making sure there's enough room for everyone (use small headstones) and buy /make a fake tree upside down in the corner. Now, put an actor in a green ghillie suit or make a suit to blend into the tree top (it'll be on the floor, remember the tree is upside down!)

Put a single small strobe or light facing the patrons before they enter. Not blinding them, just blurr their vision a bit. While they're looking up at all the tombstones, the actor in the tree top comes at them.

This is what I had in mind. I don't know how expensive it would be, black paint for walls, cheap foam tombstones and a fake tree. I think everyone should have a green suit for actors. If not, they should get one! always find a use for them.

Dewayne

2. Default black out 
    we had a similar thing happen to us, we ran out of time and it became one of the best scares of the haunt.

its a very simple concept blacked out room and a single slow strobe light. the flashes need to be set for the light to flash once every 2 seconds... Then you put an actor in there and have him move between flashes.. i
    http://www.HALLOWEENROOM.com

"Where Haunted Thoughts Become Reality"

www.OblivionHauntedHouse.com

3. Default  
    Im doing a set design class at MHC this year. I will have time there to show a ton of ideas to people. There are so many great ways to make a haunt set. I often find the best rooms are a clasic design adapted to your haunts theme.

4. Default Pallet maze! 
    We did this at our haunt last year! It looks great, it was ceap, and we did it just like the other guy said. Super easy and a ton of good scares you can pull off in it!
    put a red or green light behind it with a fogger and the light beems project through the pallets and into the fog and looks awsome! ...I went on youtube and found a video of a dog barking really loud and just played it on a loop off my laptop... had some people on their toes!

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    Im doing a set design class at MHC this year. I will have time there to show a ton of ideas to people. There are so many great ways to make a haunt set. I often find the best rooms are a clasic design adapted to your haunts theme.
    Can't make it to MHC this year. Do you know if you'll be doing a DVD on it, or perhaps a YT Weds where you might describe some concepts? Also, placement of your LED's would be a great vid!

C.

6. Default  
    YES! Allen you should do a YouTube LED video...
    *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

7. Default Most Of My "Show" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Are a great many "Cheap Scares", but I always try to avoid blinding or deafening my customers. I need them to be entertained, scared , have some laughs and want to return sometime and buy another ticket.
    I also need them to appreciate the work I have done here so they feel as if they got their money's worth, so I want then to "See".
    I am also distracting and entertaining them with the spoken word, so I need them to be able to hear me speak and when they are seeing and hearing they are also usually thinking, Now I've Got Them!
    The false confidence that they are seeing and hearing everything relevant can cause over confidence (='s "Ignorance") and now they are set up for the fun (MY FUN! Why else do you think I have been doing this almost every night for the last 25 years!)

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    Are a great many "Cheap Scares", but I always try to avoid blinding or deafening my customers. I need them to be entertained, scared , have some laughs and want to return sometime and buy another ticket.
    I also need them to appreciate the work I have done here so they feel as if they got their money's worth, so I want then to "See".
    I am also distracting and entertaining them with the spoken word, so I need them to be able to hear me speak and when they are seeing and hearing they are also usually thinking, Now I've Got Them!
    The false confidence that they are seeing and hearing everything relevant can cause over confidence (='s "Ignorance") and now they are set up for the fun (MY FUN! Why else do you think I have been doing this almost every night for the last 25 years!)
    My thoughts too, Jim. I want the people to be entertained and not affected that they go away hating the experience. That would not help with the PR work you want.
    Scaring the yell out of them
    Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

9. Default  
    We did a spider room in a 10x10 'pop-up' tent this past year and had some of our best screams in there... 2nd to our homemade drop panel hall...

Take sheet and cut into 2" strips but DON'T cut apart. Keep them attached at one end. Hang across the top of your area so the customers have to push their way through the strips leading from the area prior into the 'spider room'. Tie sewing thread to anything you can hang going across the room. People walk through it thinking it's actually spider webs.

Wrap a bunch of bones in glow in the dark webbing. Stretch the g.i.t.d. webbing all over room. Use a blacklight and slow strobe to disorrient people. Have an actor hide in a back corner so when they get in the room he comes out from nowhere.

We had a 6' spider hanging from the top... most common phrase upon exit... There was a spider in there??? It was literally at eye level as you exited the room. But no one saw it b/c they were in that happy place where they want to run from the current scare but are hesitant to go into the next room... The drop panel hall. We used more cut sheets at the exit of the spider room.

MB.
    Grimsley'sGorgeHauntedWalk

Thread Information