HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: FEARFEST on Travel Channel Reality TV show

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default FEARFEST on Travel Channel Reality TV show 
    FearFest Haunted Attraction is going to be on Truck stop Missouri. A reality TV show premiering Aug. 3rd at 9PM Central time on the Travel Channel. Our Zombie Safari Paintball hayride Attraction will be featured on one of the episodes with possibilities of more episodes.
    They had a great time filming and are planning on coming back in Sept., Oct. if the reviews are favorable on the show.
    I dont know if we will be on the first episode but there is a you tube trailer that shows a little bit of our attraction on it to start with.
    Look for Truck stop Missouri trailer on you tube in case I cant get it to link .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOo16_yTxFc

Tune in the show looks uh...... interesting! lol

Greg
    Fearfest

2. Default  
    I remember that truck stop they show...we stopped there on the way to the haunt on the Transworld tour last year. That place was something else...we almost wanted to get a tattoo because no one would believe we seen a tattoo shop in the upstairs of a gas station, but better judgement kicked in and we opted out. There was some kind of crazy party going on up there or what looked from the outside like it might have been a club of some sort.

Congrats on getting on the show!

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

3. Default  
    It is great to see haunts get national exposure. Congrats!
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

4. Default party! 
    Mike there was a party goin on up there. They have a Country Bar up there. lol Thats why the producers chose Midway Truck stop. Because of all the different businesses there.
    The list of businesses I can think of on the property....

Fearfest Haunted Attractions
    Convenience store/ Gas station
    Larrys Boots
    Budget Inn
    24HR Truck repair shop
    Spirit of 76 Fireworks headquarters and sales
    Daycare center
    Antique /flea market
    Expo Center
    Trailer sales
    Tattoo Parlor
    Back Door Lounge
    I think I got them all..... nope. They have an equestrian center for horse shows and rodeos also. OK thats it.

On a side note we are offering the Zombie Safari Hayride Attractions for sale so if you are looking for a truly interactive haunt and have a corn maze or Haunted Hayride and looking for that extra excitement for your guests PM me and we can talk.
    Theres a great Haunt out in California that has already purchased and received their Zombie Safari Trailers and cant wait for this year to chootem in the head!
    Good luck guys and have a great year!

Greg
    Fearfest

5. Default  
    Larry sells boots there? LOL j/k

Yeah they even had an entire aisle of "adult novelties and magazines" when we went there...quite the place ha ha! Im sure that place being there alone brings you in some piggy back business being so close by. I know if I stopped off at a huge truckstop and seen a Haunted attraction just down the road I would likely stop by.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

6. Default  
    It said from the producers of Pawn Stars and I watch that show religiously, so if it's any bit as entertaining then this show will catch on! Congrats!!
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

7. Default  
    So how is Fear Fest part of Midway Truck Stop? They own the property you guys rent or what? When I saw this preview I had a feeling you guys would be on here in some way or other? They used to have a comic book store and like a baseball card shop as one too. Dont know if they still do? And I think a barber shop? And I know they had a flea market and some kind of auction at one time. Ive ate there many times. They got good food! I am gonna watch this, I think it will be interesting. Also been to the Backdoor lounge a few times. LOL! And no its not a gay bar even though it might sound like it lol!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Last edited by damon carson; 07-29-2011 at 12:50 PM.
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    I can't wait to see the show Greg! I know Mom is going to be very proud too!!!

Kel

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

9. Default Thanks guys!!! 
    Thank you for all the kind words guys we appreciate it and look forward to the show. You can imagine they will try to Hoosier the show up but with the success of Swamp people and shows of that nature I expect them to. Its entertainment.
    Damon, you asked why we were on it? We are part of the Midway family of businesses and Joe B. the owner of the Truck stop admires us for our hard work and is amazed at what we have built in such a short time. He recommended us to the producers who contacted us and set up the filming.
    We were as surprised as anyone about the request to be on the show.
    As far as the sports card/ model business Big John died several years ago from health complications.
    He was a great guy and one of our sponsors and he will be missed dearly.
    The barber shop was converted into a Tattoo parlor.
    Things constantly change on the 600 acre complex and we are glad to be a part of it and plan on staying at our location for years to come.
    Its a great location for our Haunted House and we love the customers that come to Fearfest.
    Kel, if they come back your gonna have to bring Mom up so she can shoot some zombies on TV.
    Tell her I said Hi.

Greg
    Fearfest

10. Default  

Thread Information