HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: FEARFEST on Travel Channel Reality TV show

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default Have fun.... 
    Sounds cool if we miss it post a link! Shane and it's lights, camera, action! Shane

2. Default  
    Thanks guys for the kind words. The show premiers tonight at 9 pm Travel channel!

Greg
    Fearfest

3. Default  
    Well I watched the first two episodes. I want to like this show but some of it looks staged. I mean the two hillbilly guys one selling dresses and another one fishing in a lagoon? This may be Missouri but it looks like the producers are trying to throw this into the show for some comedy relief. You dont see anyone around this area that look like this. And if you have I sure the hell havent! Not even in the ozarks! If any other episodes are not any better than this I dont see this show lasting. It just doesnt have the chemistry of say Pawn Stars or even Storage Wars to be a very long aired reality show in my opinion. I want to see the episode on their fireworks store. I guess they make there own line of fireworks called Spirit of 76. I learned this helping some friends with a large firework tent this year. Supposedly they pack quite a punch. I will be watching next week hoping the show improves.
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    Damon, believe it or not the guy with the hillbilly hat DOES wear that. lol And he ties his horse up every day to eat dinner at the truck stop. He is usually up there all day on Saturday. I guess he just hangs out there.
    I do think it is a bit odd seeing a horse and buggy going down Hwy 40 in front of the Haunted house but I dont even pay any attention to it any more.
    There are some strange people out there like the guy who walks his dog NONSTOP for HOURS every night and day. Or the guy who rides his bike complete with a trailer in tow to pick up aluminum cans at the hotel and around the truck stop. then rides back down the road every day!
    The show may seem staged and I think your right for the most part but alot of the things you will see on the show are real! lol
    As far as our episode, we dont do the editing so I am as curious as anyone to see what is in store for us. lol
    I have to say it was entertaining and we did enjoy it. We will wait and see what happens.....

Greg
    Fearfest

5. Default  
    Well that guy must of bought that at Ozark land! LOL! I know ive seen that exact same hat there. Im sure they get all types that come in there. Its still early i havent gave up on it yet. Some of it wasnt bad. I still think its cool being so close. Wanting to see your haunt in it. Maybe they are saving that for there big Halloween special? Im sure you will be on it sometime soon. Thing is if they have 12 businesses and it took two 30 minute episodes they werent even able to show half I dont think. It may take a while?
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

6. Default it wasn't on this week (august 3rd) extremely dissapointed !!!!! 
    all I saw was a bikini carwash and a loose cow running thru the parking lot, and a CLOGGED sewer pipe in their lagoon. I watched an hour of that CRAP and no haunt. I recorded it (both half hour shows) and played them back. NOTHING. That show sucks. maybe (the haunt) will be on NEXT WEEK. Hey, if it's gonna promote a haunt, GREAT ! other than that, I won't watch the show again. boring (except for the coconuts at the car wash). still awaiting the RFR TV show which I still can't get any information about. (maybe it's like a UFO. It dosen't exsist..........)

7. Default  
    Sorry about that. They dont tell me the airing schedules. I will try and find out more info about when it will air and let you know.
    Greg
    Fearfest

8. Default GREG, no problem !!!!!!! 
    Not your fault.... i was just waiting for "SOMETHING" to happen that was at least worth a LAUGH or something on that show. Looking forward to seeing your haunt featured. Hope you get some POP out of it. Good luck, man............

9. Default still nothing after 7 weeks of show 
    where the hell is FEARFEST ????? this show sucks, except for the haunt stuff everyone is waiting for. a big build up for nothing...............

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
    Mike there was a party goin on up there. They have a Country Bar up there. lol Thats why the producers chose Midway Truck stop. Because of all the different businesses there.
    The list of businesses I can think of on the property....

Fearfest Haunted Attractions
    Convenience store/ Gas station
    Larrys Boots
    Budget Inn
    24HR Truck repair shop
    Spirit of 76 Fireworks headquarters and sales
    Daycare center
    Antique /flea market
    Expo Center
    Trailer sales
    Tattoo Parlor
    Back Door Lounge
    I think I got them all..... nope. They have an equestrian center for horse shows and rodeos also. OK thats it.

On a side note we are offering the Zombie Safari Hayride Attractions for sale so if you are looking for a truly interactive haunt and have a corn maze or Haunted Hayride and looking for that extra excitement for your guests PM me and we can talk.
    Theres a great Haunt out in California that has already purchased and received their Zombie Safari Trailers and cant wait for this year to chootem in the head!
    Good luck guys and have a great year!

Greg
    Fearfest
    In my youth I went to Missouri Valley College as a freshman on a rodeo scholarship to ride bareback horses. I've hit the dirt in that arena about a dozen times. It was a cool place 15 years ago. If I ever get back that way I'll have to plan a fuel stop there.
    Colt Farrington
    "MEMO--- The beatings will continue until employee moral improves."

Thread Information