HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Tilted room

1. Default Tilted room 
    I am thinking about building a slanted room like the one house of torment has. One problem tho...... how lol.

2. Default 1) Throw away your level 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    2) throw away your square
    3)Hire a drunken carpenter
    4)Buy him enough booze
    5) Turn the lights down low
    6)Proceed to build.

If the slant is too much, people might twist an ankle or fall down.
    Keep the staggering drunks out.

3. Default  
    Do you mean one tilted room or a Mystery House?

4. Default  
    tilted room

5. Default pics of my Tilted Room 
    Here's 3 pictures of the framework of my tilted room. Sorry, I forgot to get pictures when it was done, so these are during de-construction.

Floor is tilted roughly 30*-35*. The two walls shown aren't quite parallel - the one on the left is tilted slightly more so the actor could walk on it. I put a second piece of plywood across the bottom creating a 1" ledge for him to walk along. It was painted a dingy gray color and a dim light was added in such a place to hide the actual ledge. The ceiling was pitched and covered with cloth (so fire sprinklers could penetrate).

Carpeted the floor for added traction for the customers (screws with washers to hold it in place).

We built a wavy ramp leading along side the entrance side wall (parallel to the wall so you had to turn 90* right to get in - kind of helped hide the fact it was tilted so much).

The exit side was fairly dark and anything that was visible was also tilted. (You have to make sure that ALL visual references to vertical are gone and only the distorted "vertical" can be seen).

Had excellent feedback from customers and several "whizzers" who pee'd.

Just make sure you really brace the walls and support the floor. Your actors will jump from the wall to the floor and back. Trust me, it's not fun to go under the floor and jack it up to add more supports!ops:

Tilt Room 1.jpgTilt Room 2.jpgTilt Room 3.jpg
    Chad Portenga
    www.hauntedhall.com

6. Default Idea 
    Make sure you put a nice long vortex tunnel before people walk into this room!

Thread Information