HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: FINALLY... I AGREE and WILL DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default I am in......its a good idea 
    just to be fair, make sure that the vendors have a place where they can tell there side, provide proof blah blah blah, one bad deal doesnt make a bad vendor. Sometimes people expect too much.

2. Default  
    Finally is correct
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

*Applause*
    Kathryn DeSautell
    Lafitte's Landing, Dark Shadows Entertainment

4. Default  
    Yeeee haw!

5. Default  
    This is a great idea, but could easily go bad for some smaller companies that legitimately run into some growing pains, or a vindictive customer that just simply wasnt happy with a perfectly acceptable product. Bad business practice can obviously take place on both sides of the fence, and hopefully there would be a safeguard for the vendors against that kind of stuff, because false messages even up for a few hours or even minutes can be devastating for a smaller company, especially in a review style setting, even more so in an industry like this where a bad review could cost a sale of one product in upwards of $10k or more. Proving you are a real person is not that hard, as it was somewhat touched on you should have to prove that any problems were trying to be resolved before you can leave a negative review or feedback. Those are my thoughts...as I have been on both sides of the fence as both buyer and vendor.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by FrightProps View Post
    [MENTION=7879]terrormasue[/MENTION]:

What I never did understand was this: Upon reading the threads; what I understood was the sole reason you setup the site was to "out" a couple of vendors. Once the site was up and running those two vendors were never listed or even mentioned on your site... ?! It also never gained momentum and has become stale. Why is that? i don't know. Will yet another vendor review site be successful? I personally think not.
    It isn't stale. It has every vendor that has a business that is at least recognizable, and I get emails frequently from companies that want their name added to the list.

Originally it was our intent to email vendors, get honest feedback on issues, and keep the website up-to-date, however no one gave a shit. No one here, no one anywhere. Its difficult to get a site up so that they can be rated by anyone who has bought their product, and then have no one write a review, because it is too difficult to create an account, or they would rather RANT on a forum rather than take the time to write a well-constructed criticism helping others to be informed of business' poor practices, etc.

Thanks for your time.

Keegan

7. Default  
    I think people would give a shit if everyone knew the people behind the site, so Larry stands a better chance than most so for that reason alone it'll be more popular...

DA

8. Default  
    Meh, whatever. My website has logged crazy hits on the vendor list page. so, at least I'm good for something.

9. Default Ignorance 
    Keegan's site it a great way to have a quick look at vendors before you buy from them. Unfortunately, most of the people who are patrons of hauntworld refuse to give anything new a chance. Larry isn't the only person who can be successful in the online industry. (although he has done a very good job of providing us with this online forum) . I think Larry's page will be great for vendors to advertise themselves easily and buys to respond accordingly, but if you want to find a vendor and their past record of reviews, Keegan's site is going to be the place to go.

DA: If you want to know Keegan to trust his site, he's a great american soldier who's been shipped away from home for almost a year now. He's been working on his haunt for several years and i hope his hard work pays off in the near future. He's becoming a talented web designer and is probably the most generous haunter I've met to date.

As for Sue, she has also been working on her home haunt for years now (opening 2011!!). She helps with Insane Shane every year on top of everything else she does. And she too is a very kind, generous person.

Feel better about your fellow haunters? Give their site a try.

Catie Mahfouz
    Blood Ink Writing Service
    www.hauntwriter.com

10. Default  
    If your going to do business in the haunt industry, it's unfortunate that you have to check out vendors first, but it's no different than any other industry. You've got good vendors and bad vendors. That's why Keegan built his review website and I created mine inside my site at HauntersDigest and built it into our mobile app, to help protect buyers in the haunt industry. I know that during HAuNTcon and Midwest Haunters, our review section get's a ton of traffic thru our mobile app checking out vendors and I would imagine the same if for Keegan's website around that time too.

Personally, I think that if everyone checks out these vendors first and leaves reviews, then it will either force vendors with bad service and products out of the industry or to fix their performance by improving their services and products. Either way, that's a good thing. And if Larry is wanting to get involved also with offering reviews, then I say all the better. The more places that everyone can get info on vendors and leave reviews, the more chance others will have to see them and avoid getting screwed over by shaddy vendors. Everyone should uses Keegans HauntCompanyReviews.com, My HauntersDigest.com Vendor Reviews, and hopefully soon Larry's vendor reviews.
    News and event coverage from directly inside the Haunt Industry - http://www.hauntersdigest.com
    Get a Custom Branded Mobile App for your Haunted Attraction - http://www.hauntapps.com
    Website Designer & Developer - http://www.charlesterry.com

Thread Information