HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Check out Transworld's new Video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Check out Transworld's new Video 
    Pretty cool. They are already ramped up and no one has even opened yet. Larry

2. Default  
    I know they also have already worked out every single seminar... so that is done as well. They are way ahead of the curve here. I'm doing a seminar as well but it will probably be my last because I'm just tied of it all. I'm doing a seminar about web marketing. Also trying to figure out if we should open our haunts again. What do you guys think?

It was so much work... it was a living breathing reality show on a daily basis.

I can say one thing about the show itself, our company will sorta get back into selling items to haunted houses. We are bringing this whole new line of FX that you can use in your haunted houses to replace a certain percentage of your actors. Hard to explain. I can only say it will be the best thing you've ever seen ... I'm pulling out all the stops. It will be awesome.

We start production on them this October.

Larry

3. Default Our Booth 
    That was pretty cool! Jays and my booth wasnt shown just once but 3 times! The one with Mrs. Claus! Ha ha! She was at our booth on Saturday. Very nice girl.
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    I say Atlanta... -Tyler

5. Default Been there done that 
    >> Also trying to figure out if we should open our haunts again. What do you guys think?

Yeah, give it a rest this year. Been there done that.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkangel View Post
    I like the Darkness and all but after a couple years in a row it's time for something new. Creepyworld would my first choice to see, something new and different maybe other local haunts too.

DA

Agreed...it would be nice to see Lemp one more time if it's getting more detail, but I think other local haunts as well as Creepyworld!!

and I also agree with [MENTION=93]Nightgore[/MENTION] -- ATL would be my FIRST choice if the show moved. Not just because it's closer but it would be a nice change of pace!! Netherworld would be a breath of fresh air...[MENTION=364]Speculo[/MENTION]'s show blows me away every season!!
    O'Shawn McClendon
    Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

7. Default Open Darkness for Oct price and hours 
    Larry no matter how many people have visited your haunts with the attendance Transworld had last year I would still open. Maybe after 3 years give everyone a break and just charge regular season admission for Darkness. Maybe give other people the opportunity to see it. You can always open Lemp and maybe part of Creepyworld for your lights on tours and actor tours. Just sayin thats what I would do. This is just a suggestion.
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    Looks awesome. I cannot wait to be there again. RFR is slated with our booth and it is going to be a fun romp for thindustry. Transworld is on the ball this year in prepping for 2012.

"The Original Haunt Industry, Halloween and Horror Podcast"
    http://rfrpodcast.com

COSTUMES FOR KIDS
    "Bringing Halloween to Disabled and Less Fortunate Children"
    http://www.costumesforkids.net

9. Default  
    The haunt show is in St. Louis not because of haunt tours, I don't think TW cares at all if a haunt opens or not. The show is here because of location and because the city works with TW to make things more affordable. We have nothing to do with the show being here or not. If we don't open the show will go on. As for Creepyworld that is really impossible. I would love to open Creepyworld I really would because I've said it 1000 times Creepyworld is better than The Darkness... it truly is one of the best haunted attraction in America. You'd have to come see it during the Halloween season.

It would be impossible because I would be setting up everything in the winter... the place is massive. It takes like 4 months to set up and almost a month to store away. Not possible.

Other local haunts there is only Six Flags and one other guy who opens. Two other haunts had opened but have since closed.

People can make the trek from here to KC... it would set you back four hours each way.

Anyway... we seriously won't know anything until we get open and figure out what we will or won't do with our haunts for 2012. I will NOT OPEN them if I can't do something over the top.

I think one person said 'been there done that'... well I don't agree really because if anyone says we didn't do massive overhauls and each year introduce FX and sets that NO one has ever seen before that wouldn't be fair.

We have tried to transform those attractions each time into something totally different.

I will be honest I have not thought even for one second what I would change in either place... I'll have to get inspired here soon. Once I do I'll let you know. If I can can't up with a plan for Terror Visions to The Darkness to Lemp then we would do nothing. However I'm sure I'll come up with something but we'll see.

Larry

10. Default  
    Like I said in the previous post... the show isn't about haunt tours at all. I think at least after you read the new Hauntworld Magazine you'll see where I stand!!!

A discussion should start about vendors... personally overall I thought the show from a vendor standpoint was one of the weakest I've seen. It seems like a lot of the vendors have hit a brick wall with idea's and many of the vendors are doing the same exact thing every single year just different skin.

I think a healthy discussion about what you want to see, how certain companies need a facelift or a complete overhaul and push them into new directions.

That sort of discussion I think would be great!

Larry

Thread Information