HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Tips please- to turn a Dollar Store prop into something more interesting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I found large frogs and medium size frogs (that peep) in the garden centre of the Dollar Store and just glue gunned bumps all over them and painted them to look like toads. My cat thought they were alarming.

2. Default  
    Great idea on the toads! I have stygian witches in my show this year and I will o a few of those for their area.

3. Default  
    I cant stand witches when they are stingy!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    Here is a door that I made with free foam that I found on Craigslist, and the skull hinges are actually walkway stakes that I got at the dollar store, I just ripped the chains off of them and glued them on!
    door.jpg
    The secret of life is to appreciate the pleasure of being terribly, terribly deceived.

5. Default  
    Love the doors! Awesome idea, and how cheap!! To buy that it would be big bucks!!. Awesome job!!

I took the skellie garland and worked it into my costuming. Its kinds hard to see, but I had a chain dangling with bones, and little skellies and rotting fingers, and a squirrell tail. But it's on there, LOL! The baby skellies and the twine were both from the $1 store.kimmy hag full shot.jpg

6. Default  
    The doors look great! I need to find the time to try it! Kimmy I love this costume. I think our Baba Yaga may need a couple of those skellies! Looks great!

Thread Information