HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: "Where Do You Get Your IDEAS?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default "Where Do You Get Your IDEAS?" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    People have asked me this almost as many times as they ask me ,"do you live in this house?" (Dam groupies want to sneak back later and do what?)
    Many of my "Ideas" and often my best ideas I find in my thoughts just as I am almost awake in the early morning(right after the idea to get out of bed to find the bathroom)
    It happened again this morning! I got out of bed and found the bathroom in time?
    No, I did that without fanfare, but I had another, new idea come into my head as my eyes were still closed and I wasn't really quite awake yet.
    This is a haunted, haunted house , so I wonder if I'm receiving a little "help" with some of this? ("Whisper,whisper,whisper.......")
    Over the years I have often been given the credit for things I did not do here along with the credit for being able to do something I could never do. It keeps life "interesting".

2. Default  
    Well Jim that works. But I get my Ideas from the raged buildings near my house.

3. Default  
    "RAGED" buildings?

Are the houses pissed off and angry at you or what?

Ideas be most anywhere. Keep a notebook and tape recorder handy when you got the long drives to work.

Wierdest place for a musical idea for me was hearing this beautiful classic orchestral piece in a dream then bringing it out. Still plenty of work, but it is taking shape...
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

4. Default  
    My ideas seem to come out of nowhere. I've been in the middle of a non-Halloween related conversation and had an awesome idea pop into my head.

5. Default  
    Usually I have to lay down and think about a specific theme and as I start to drift I usually come up with decent ideas. I do a hayride and find it is pretty hard to come up with original stuff that makes sense to have outside.
    Jared Layman

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmaretony
    "RAGED" buildings?

"Are the houses pissed off and angry at you or what?"

Ideas be most anywhere. Keep a notebook and tape recorder handy when you got the long drives to work.

Wierdest place for a musical idea for me was hearing this beautiful classic orchestral piece in a dream then bringing it out. Still plenty of work, but it is taking shape...
    Yes they come to get me. But sometimes I go into some of my patients homes and I find the room to be kinda scary.

7. Default  
    True. From the frying pan into the fire...

you have the choice of urinated off monstrous houses prowling the neighborhood up and down the streets or the horror of Depends!
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A "real", scary decor: All true. A house was being lived in by two brothers and their sister , the three of them lived in this family home for their entire long lives. The house was built around 1850 and was a large home.
    Walking in the front door I noticed stacks of very old bundled newspapers everywhere and a scattering of car parts here and there , then further back toward the walls were just the tops of ornate gilded large picture frames peaking out from bundled newspaperland, the tops of Grand-relatives heads were the only part of them seen.
    Looking down, I was walking on a hardwood floor and it was actually a path worn right through the carpet, still there along the edges of this foot path all brown and stringy.
    Curtains looked like thin, white rags that had been repeatedly soaked in..? Urine?
    Their entire basement was filled with more newspapers bundled, car parts everywhere, batterys, starters electric motors last touched by Thomas Edison himself!
    I was very curious as to what old treasures an archeologist might find under and behind those newspapers!

9. Default  
    I just go to getyourideashere.com.

10. Default  
    Lets see I get them from everywhere, movies, comics, etc... pictures are good too. I usually take random drives around town through rodes I would not normally drive and look around. Good visualizations. I also started taking a camera with me when I drive aimlessly and usually take pics of things that interest me in the haunt world. For example, old building, broken down building with boarded windows, wierd fences and even store signs that are old and cool looking.

~TheNightMare

Thread Information