HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: "Where Do You Get Your IDEAS?"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    nightmare, the next time you are driving in mount carroll stop and visit.

2. Default  
    Lately, movies have been contributed to most of my inspirations/ideas. I belong to both Netflix and Blockbuster Online. Six movies delivered at one time -- most of them Asian horror flix. I LOVE them!! Cannnot get enough of Asian horror. :twisted:

Sometimes the news is inspirational as watching the first ten minutes is like watching a horror movie anyway.

Jast223, when you said that some of your patients rooms look scary -- did you mean that or was it a joke? If not a joke, can you briefly describe what you see? Doing a klown medical klinic this year and I would love to develop more ideas.

3. Default  
    Going to haunts... going to conventions... watching movies... going to museums... watching TV... dreaming... reading... etc. It's all there, just have to have something to "bring it out". -Tyler

4. Default  
    I also get some of my ideas about what to do within the house as I am giving people tours and find myself walking passed those same old walls and corners, so I'm still "chewing" over new ideas within these same walls fairly often.
    Yesterday I was maintenancing the outside and freed the pterodactyl skeleton on the south side of the house from his imprisoning vines that totally hid him from veiw. What an improvement!
    It looks so good from even a block away at night with a pale light hitting it .
    Before anyone might ask, I made the pterodactyl skeleton out of sheet metal, copper tubing, plastic tubing and steel rods and Bondo almost 18 years ago. Sometimes small birds build nests inside his head, flying in and out of his eye socket holes. Maybe this happens because they are the same birds I evicted from inside of my head and they are using their previous homemaking experience on him now?

5. Default  
    Sure thing Jim, will stop by when I get in that area.

As for ideas video games can bring ideas to the table as well.

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightgore
    Going to haunts... going to conventions... watching movies... going to museums... watching TV... dreaming... reading... etc. It's all there, just have to have something to "bring it out". -Tyler
    I'm with Tyler on this one. All of my inspiration comes from everyday stuff. And I'm constantly thinking and brain storming. I'd say more than half of the props and effects that I have, have popped in my mind from just constantly thinking. I do get some ideas from TV, movies, and other haunts, but more than half of my stuff is all original.
    Brad Bowen
    Owner/Operator of the Ultimate Fear Haunted House in Shreveport, LA
    www.ultimatefear.net

7. Default  
    Brad, If "Half of your stuff is original", is the original half the part that you came up with or the half someone else came up with?

Does anybody reading this ever get inspiration from going into an antique mall?
    Driving around on large item pick-up day?
    Auctions?

Thread Information