HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Should I Buy the Actual Boomstick or Are the Knockoffs OK?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Should I Buy the Actual Boomstick or Are the Knockoffs OK? 
    Hey All-

I am finding the DSL Boomstick a little rich for my blood right now, especially when, at Transworld, I saw the others going for much less.

Do you think that I should just bite the bullet and go with the DSL one?

I know that the DSL one has the battery pack versus some plugging into 110, but it really doesn't matter where I need it. Is that really the biggest difference?

Do you think I can still get either of the two in time for opening (less than 4 weeks :grin?

Thanks for reading!

2. Default Boom sticks 
    It's my understanding that they all come from the same one or two companies in China. I ordered one from DSL last year and it lasted 4 weekends. In defense of DSL they have offered to check it out and see if it was abused but I haven't sent it back (my problem). I ordered a pow stick from Fright Props at the show and it works great with my DSL battery pack. I would suggest you purchase with the understanding that these are made in China, they will break down.. Shop around and see who has them in stock and who has the best deal..

Dan Augusto
    Owner Tombstone Productions

3. Default The same 
    There are no "knock offs" they are all the same. I guess it comes down to what company you want to do business with?

The FrightProps POW stix also have an optional battery pack.
    http://www.frightprops.com/electroni...0961-pows.html

Stacy

4. Default  
    there all from china.
    ours from fright props broke before we even opened, and probably used 5 times at the most.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

5. Default no knock offs? 
    Yes there are knock off's When I was in the DSL shop during TransWorld they where making there's right there. And they where making them over a year before anyone else started to sell them. so yes there are knock off's as far as where you buy them at is up to you I have had a boom stick for 1 season and I tested it just last week and it still works but i did have to remount the trigger button.

Shawn
    http://www.twistedwoods.com

6. Default  
    NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER buy the knockoffs they will put the creator out out of a job!! They are knockoffs for a reason, lack of talent or lack of creativity, think about what it took to get that out to the public just to be ripped off by someone!!! I would buy from DSL all the way.
    Last edited by screamline studios; 08-28-2011 at 09:20 PM.

7. Default  
    I concur with Jason. Whenever possible I always go with originals, when you buy knockoffs it only promotes the business of knocking off. Plus cheaper in many cases will usually not be better. It is typically cheaper for a reason.

Mike "Pogo" Hach
    -Mike "Pogo" Hach

8. Default  
    being from china are these things safe? any one had issues/ we had a boom stick last yr I played with it a few times with out any issues. obviously they are not ul rated
    I'm only doing this to impress 2 people ... The fire marshal and the customer that's it !!!

9. Default  
    Do not lick them they may contain lead.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

10. Default  
    frightprops had a new one sent out the same day we told them ours broke.
    if you are worried about them breaking, at least go with the company with a good warranty.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Thread Information