HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Line Actor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Line Actor 
    Anyone have any good ideas for a actor that is going to be on the line entertaining the customers waiting to come in?

2. Default  
    Que line actors
    In my opinion they need to talk, they need to be able to be humorous, and they need to be photogenic. That will give them the skills you need from them, staying power (pure scare characters lose their edge hitting the same folks over and over), informative (my line characters must answer questions like where is the bathrooms and such), and since everyone has a camera/ cell phone nowadays posing for pics is really common for the que actors.
    Allen Hopps

3. Default  
    I agree with Allen. Character and charisma is key.
    Joshua
    www.hauntedprints.com
    info?hauntedprints.com

4. Default  
    I am asked to work the que lines when I'm slow at the photo booth. My character doesn't talk. As a pig I have grunts, squeals and sniffing which I rarely use. I move through the lines. Cutting spots. Sniffing and smelling hair of someone not paying attention. Get some good scares but I try not to over do it. I keep moving. Staying still brings on the hecklers. I pay them no mind and look for people into it. I try to be aware if I'm around too long. Pics are a must. Have good poses in mind. I suck it up as much as they do. I see a camera and the show is on big time. lol. Then again....I get moving. I carry a spot light which makes it fun. I can search out someone and taunt them while not having to move, run or even get close. Funny how many people will get freaked out by a spot light.
    oh yeah. I agree with humorous. They are there to be entertained so I do it. If there are not a lot of people paying attention I'll throw down some dance moves to whatever music and when they get going I jump right back into character. Big and menacing. Like throwing down 180's
    Last edited by Massacred Memories; 08-28-2011 at 01:47 PM.

5. Default  
    Never, EVER break character unless it's absolutely necessary. People will be watching you from the moment you walk out the door until you disappear behind the exit...

6. Default  
    What if your cell phone rings or if you have irritable bowl syndrom? What do you do in that case badger?!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

7. Default  
    Thanks for the advice, we opened last year for the first time and didnt know if we would need one, turns out we did really well and had lines waiting to get in so it will be a welcome addition to our haunt this year.

8. Default  
    "What if your cell phone rings or if you have irritable bowl syndrom? What do you do in that case badger?!
    Damon
    Frightmasters "
    You dont have your phone on you Damon, you just dont. no actor should have their phone on them. If you have an irritable bowl, change your cereal. If you meant bowel, then you dont have to work Im pretty sure Obama care will cover that.

And no actor should ever have their cell phone on them, if they do, they are doing it wrong.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    "What if your cell phone rings or if you have irritable bowl syndrom? What do you do in that case badger?!
    Damon
    Frightmasters "
    You dont have your phone on you Damon, you just dont. no actor should have their phone on them. If you have an irritable bowl, change your cereal. If you meant bowel, then you dont have to work Im pretty sure Obama care will cover that.

And no actor should ever have their cell phone on them, if they do, they are doing it wrong.
    I really don't want to side track this but I think it's a good time to address this question......The "irritable bowel" made me thing about crapping myself....then smelling...then I thought about odors to round out a character....Question: Is it wrong or offensive to smell like B.O. or bad meat? Using my grundgy butcher look for instance. I know you don't want to smell like Axe Body Spray right?

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Massacred Memories View Post
    I really don't want to side track this but I think it's a good time to address this question......The "irritable bowel" made me thing about crapping myself....then smelling...then I thought about odors to round out a character....Question: Is it wrong or offensive to smell like B.O. or bad meat? Using my grundgy butcher look for instance. I know you don't want to smell like Axe Body Spray right?
    There are companies that make scents that you can use in your haunts or on your person to make yourself smell bad. Never washing your outfit helps as well, especially early in the season as you sweat...

Thread Information