HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Movie Theatre Advertising

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Mike, we've never gone this route, as you know, but the idea has been brought up numerous times.

In my opinion, I'd definitely go the "commercial" route, if possible. Speaking only for myself, I don't really pay much attention to the trivia or quick "static" snippets on the screen before the shows (I'm too busy shutting off my cell phone and talking to the people I'm at the theater with). Sound and movement catch my attention, though. If you could get an actual video up on the screen, you might get people more interested.

Hope you're well, stranger!

2. Default  
    Most chains now are represented by an agency. I have been contacted by them many times... for what you pay, for what you get back in return I've felt it wasn't worth the money.

I've always felt that you must base everything you do as a cost vs. return.

When someone is sitting in a movie, and watching your slides, are they going to rush out to a computer for info? NO they're about to watch a 2 hour movie, and when they get out they talk about the movie and go home.

Most of the time WHEN YOU go to the movies, do you make it just in time to see the previews or are you sitting in the theater watching those slides.

I think they could help your business, but for what they're charging for them I don't think its worth the cost vs. what you'll get back.

Just my thoughts.

Larry

3. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Maybe if a theater was showing movies like the old days , showing a double-feature there would be that wonderfull advertising opportunity between the two movies.
    People would be sitting there looking at the screen, a whole crowd of people.

4. Default  
    I absolutly have tried this before, but unless your slide has your website on it I don't think I would suggest it. We had hardly any return because we didn't have a website and people couldn't remember informatin in the 10 seconds our slide was up. But maybe your market is different.
    Jared Layman

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Most "adveertising" available for a haunted attraction BARELY works, maybe a 5% return on your money, spend $100 see $5.00 come in the door.
    Take your advertising budget and if you MUST spend it...buy Lotto tickets.
    It should be no big secret, have a web site, this will have the potential to do it for you for the least amount of expense.
    Impressing the customer , forcing your way into their memory bank assures you free advertising when they can't stop telling everyone they know about your place and the amazing experience they suffered there.
    Of course this usually requires a fair amount of thought and physical effort, but then, for most of us, it also requires alot of effort to earn thousands of spendable dollars to throw away on things that show tiny potential for a return.

Thread Information