HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Actor for woods?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Actor for woods? 
    I was trying to find a good tree looking costume to hide in the woods and jump out. I like to find "besides camouflage/mossman outfit.
    Or what other costume would work great to blend in with the woods. I found cornstalk looking costumes but too expensive. Any ideas? I do not want a fake looking monster or something similar. I want something more realistic.

Thanks

2. Default  
    Do you want a supernatural creature, or what do you mean by realistic?
    Bigfoot? Werewolf? If you want real your choices are much more limited. Keep up the dialog so we can narrow down your wants.

3. Default  
    Yes, please give us more info as I have a nice wooded section in my haunt???

Mr. Haunt

4. Default  
    Not sure what to make of the Realistic comment-but here is a list of good forest critters
    Cannibal rednecks
    Inbred cannibal rednecks
    Pumpkinhead
    werewolf
    Bigfoot
    swamp thing
    Shambling mound
    Troll
    Deranged Lumberjack
    Dinosaur
    Satyr
    Alien
    Zombie
    Civil war zombie
    Witch's
    Gnomes (dont laugh- they are popular right now and could be creepy as hell)
    Spider human hybrid
    Minotaur

5. Default  
    @Allen. Sounds like he wants to look like he's part of the tree or forest before he attacks. I saw somebody had a tutorial video of using crutches and vines to make a tree creature, the actor could pull the crutches in close and be invisible and then open up like a pod, the crutches were like extra long front legs.

6. Default  
    @Jmullens- LOL that is one of my tutorial vids. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqre5XD5jYs
    I got it, reading the post a fifth time its all clear to me now. Yes, I think the arm crutches are a great way to go. In that case here are a few pics of tree suits i have done for inspiration. I dont have time to make anything this season however someone else might.

7. Default  
    All the staves you see in those pics are modified versions of the arm crutches, they fold over the body hiding the shape untill they swing open and surprise the guests.
    here are a few simple make up options, the base of this make up is a crumpled brown hand towel (the knd that come on a roll) they work great!
    Keep in mind, the make up is finished the costume isint on in these pics. Now that I know where he is headed I have more to offer- my mistake for reading it wrong....4 times. Good thing Im so pretty cause I aint bright.
    Allen H

8. Default  
    Allen, this is incredible! Now I want your next training video to be fantastic costuming !

9. Default Another option... 
    Gore galore has some sweet ones as well.

SWAMP HAG - Item CS1126 (This is one of my favorites).

TREE BEAST aka EVIL ENT - Item CS1121

http://www.gore-galore.com/costumes.php

http://www.gore-galore.com/latex_costumes.php

10. Default  
    Yes more realistic trees which you showed me are AWESOME. I know you have a tutorial with just the hands do you have a full tutorial of the entire get up?

Thread Information