HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Sound Program?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Sound Program? 
    I am trying to see which computer based programs that most haunters trust for their sound system. I am toying with the idea to do a PC style system to operate all the sound in the haunt or if it is cheaper to just buy a bunch of cd players or something in that nature. Let me know what you all use. And where I could get it.

Keyword: economically priced!

I am poor

Thanks you guys, you always help out a ton.

Ryan

2. Default  
    Ryan,

Could you be more specific about your haunt size and layout?
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

3. Default Sure 
    Sure I can

We are looking at a 5,000 s.f. haunt with about 4,000 s.f. of mazes with about 20 rooms within the haunt portion. I would love to have a different track playing for almost every room but I know that might get pricy so I would love to have maybe between 5 to 15 tracks capability. So that as the theme changes from haunt sections to haunt sections there will be matching music.....(Mainly from Virgil, HE HE HE). I hope that gives you the info that you need. My strengths in haunting does not fall in the sound area yet.

Thanks again.

Ryan

4. Default  
    Okay, now..
    what's your budget for sound?
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

5. Default CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP 
    That is a great question.... the budget is still being FUDGED!

I would say around 500 to 2,000

Cheaper the better in my view.

Am I crazy for thinking that I could do a computer style with that budget?

Ryan

6. Default  
    Virgil,

The 4 main "themes" for my haunt this year are:

Pirate.
    Egyptian,
    Victorian house
    and government hospital (insain asylum)

which CD's do u recomend? I already have the hillbilly and klown one but dont think they would really work to well

thanks!

Sean
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

7. Default  
    You might consider cheap boomboxes with CD player capable of repeat mode. Another idea is to have individual audio repeaters in each room, but they will be more expensive : you'll need amplifier and speakers for each system

I am curious how you would plan to use a computer to control sound? That might help me think of other possible solutions as well...

8. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Canned" music and sound effects "tell" a customer they are in a haunted attraction, no such tracks or effects make them wonder and remove a little more comfort they might be feeling because in my place they are in a very scary to nervous place that is haunted.
    Sort of like the wonderfull music in a movie reminding you you are watching a movie, look at Blair Witch, no sound track of music and it sure seemed to effect alot of people waiting for the comfort/disclaimer of that music that never came.
    With a music track playing I can't hear the scared ones fart. If I fart, I just blame it on them, "Too scared Honey? There,there now."
    What is more scarier than being in a room with 15 strangers and .."someone's ......farting?".....
    Passing gas replicating the first three or four musical notes of a popular song is one sacry "theme" to follow us through the rest of a haunted house by. "Follow" it may!

9. Default  
    You can get some CD players w/ nice Wattage for pretty cheap under $50 each or splurge for something more - Or even do portables w/ Amped Computer Speakers.

They do make a controller software that could possibly interact and utilize motion sensors and MP3 sound files. However, this would blow your $2k budget.

I guess my first question: Is this a seasonal haunt - meaning it will move again and again? If yes - Go w/ portable CD/MP3 Players and Amplified Speakers. If you will remain in the same building for years to come... look into doing more sophisticated. IMO.

Good Luck

10. Default Im not sure but... 
    The reason that I ask is that I have found the item "Monster Brain" by Animated lighting and I am just curious if any one has ever used this item and would this work in a medium sized haunt. It seems to be within budget for a full system but defineatly could have its limitations.

What do you all think?

Ryan

http://www.animatedlighting.com/prod...onoverview.asp

Thread Information