HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How to protect fog machine from outdoors?

1. Default How to protect fog machine from outdoors? 
    I was wondering we plan on using our fog machines in our outside cemetery. During the haunt it may rain, get dew, frost etc. I know these elements are no good for the unit. What is the best way to protect this product? Thanks

2. Default  
    Your best bet is make a coffin without a bottom and put a hole for the fog blower out one end of the coffin that will be hidden from sight.

Brian

3. Default  
    I was thinking of getting a small rubbermaid to fit over the unit upside down and cut a hole on the side with a pipe. WIll it overheat?

4. Default Protecting fog machines 
    HauntedDedEnd~

To be perfectly, honest I would advise against using any thing plastic to protect the fog machines against weather just due to the fact that the heat produced from the fog machine needs to disappate from around the fog machine and a "vent hole" or pipe just doesnt cut it. (burned up one fog machine making that mistake )

What we do for our fully outdoor haunt, is we have wooden "produce" boxes , they are a little bit bigger than a fog machine and they are "slatted" to allow air around the fog machines. These CAN be esaily hidden from view behind a grave stone and or any other decoration.

They can also be painted, they take paint quite nicely. Also we bring our foggers in at the end of the night. Granted we only use about 4 foggers in our haunt so its not too time consuming to bring them in. Obviously if you have ALOT or they are in "odd places" thats not entirely feaseable.

Also a LITTLE BIT of moisture wont hurt the foggers. Like a slight dew or drizzeling rain. As long as the foggers don't get soaked.

Just something to think about.
    ~LoneWolf

5. Default  
    Thanks that's a great idea

Thread Information