HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: How "NOT" To Run a Haunted Hotel

1. Default How "NOT" To Run a Haunted Hotel 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    A week or two ago a woman called here asking about any possible other "Haunted" places around this area, or even a haunted hotel they might be able to book a room in for a Family vacation? (A Family obsessed with the Supernatural TV shows.)
    She discovered an 1855 Hotel in a tourist town 45 miles away, spoke with an accommodating young female employee who cherrfully booked them into the 3rd floor "Haunted" room for 2 nights@ $160 per night. She was delighted!
    Then last night she called here again.
    "I called the hotel, got a desk clerk who listened to me for a little bit then said:"This place isn't haunted, I have way too much to do to waste time listening to a Freak like you!"
    Does she Still want to spend her two vacation nights There?
    The Hotel cancellation policy would cost them $160 for nothing.
    My Wife and I finally convinced her to call the Hotel again when "Jason" was not there and ask for the woman she originally spoke and spent her money with....
    Maybe she misunderstood him, speaking through a hockey mask can make for misunderstandings I would think?

2. Default Then, Yesterday... "0"!? 
    Yes, the day and time she was supposed to arrive here, no call, no-show? Nothing.
    We were on the phone with her for maybe 2 1/2 hours! On her "Dime". A "ton" of things could have happened to change her plans, some normal, but then maybe.... the way she was rambling and repeating herself.... her Husband finally got her in Re-Hab?
    (How many potentual customers like this would we need to go broke, spending 2hours+ on the phone with each one of them, getting nothing done in the meantime? Not that many as "Hours" are fleeting for us all.)
    Maybe we will never find out what her, their, problem or circumstances were?
    Was it all just a crank-call? Hoping they could record us being extremely stupid to provide someone with ammo to show us being silly/stupid to the rest of the world? No. "Silly-Stupid" is readily availble from me anytime, right here, at my front door and during the tours.

3. Default Then She Called one more time. 
    Quite a while after her night in the $160 a night haunted room had happened. Almost nothing "happened" at the supposidly haunted hotel they were at.
    Some employee escourted them to the floor where something once, possibly,maybe almost happened. This made her "Happy".
    then she told me they would come to see our house, someday, but not now...
    ..and just as we seemed to have lost one lunatic who used to call here all the time......

4. Default That wouldnt be...??? 
    Danny that was calling you would it Jim?! Lol!
    Damon
    www.frightmasters.weebly.com
    Damon Carson

5. Default No, it wasn't Danny. 
    It was a female. A person who talked and talked to us on the phone long before she ever came to see the Ravens Grin. She seemed to feel the whole world was against her. I think her problem had to do more with her non-stop talking and really having very little to actually "say"!
    When ever my Wife or I would make mention that we hadn't heard from her for a long time... then she would call of show up! ?
    One time she sort of scared us by standing beside the house at night, the headlights illuminated her, as she turned, looking at us, and she had on Cleopatra type eye make-up and that was when we realized she resembled Another wacky woman my Wife and I both had previous dealings with, which in and of itself is scary and a miserable thought that there are more than one of "them" running around loose!
    Maybe I should begin a topic here for all haunters to think about, adding their own experiences to the subject of how many really strange/ scary customers do you see each season? People that you would not feel comfortable being alone in a room with, for whatever reason?
    Maybe we bring this upon ourselves here since the tours take 60 to 90 minutes and we really do try to be nice, socialble to every customer from the time they walk up to buy their ticket to even afterwards if time allows, and they want to talk more to us ?

Thread Information