HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Outside Haunted Barriers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    What do you guys think of this idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OuhsPCocvI

Watch at 5:50

2. Default smells 
    My haunt smells like a old house and a old pack house. FYI "pack house" means a "big barn"for yankees it's where you stored youre dried tobacco -"backer"- before you took it to the market. Anyways, It smells that way because thats what it is. The property and buildings are over 120 years old. As far as haybales mine are free and they dont have critters or disease what kind hay are ya'll raising in Connecticut?

3. Default  
    Maggie Valley, North Carolina, United States
    i will second the hay bail no no. if you live where water or rain is an issue. the other thing is disposing of them after words. but once wet they just like emediatly begin to deteriate. and when you add up the cost of space for hay bails i think it woyld be close to the of a wall panel yet only offering one season as opposed to several.

4. Default  
    Hahaha, well we get a LOT of RAIN (and apparently snow now too in October) here in CT, once it rains it gets gross QUICK!! We only had maybe a couple hundred bales just for a VERY small outdoor section. We waited till about 2 days before we opened to drag'em down and put them up. And by the end of the first weekend I was already choking at the thought of having to pick them up in another 3 weeks!! Thank god for volunteers! I ordered the pizza, they picked up the most foul smelling soggy bales I've ever had the displeasure of watching other people pick up. Hahaha.

5. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Marr Branch View Post
    I could not leave it at that. There are vendors that sell (BIG HAUNTS) nasty scents. Why not make them you're self ? The exit to my haunt started stinking 3 nights in. I had Hay Bales there. Then I found out why it smelled. Every Third group were pissing there pants. A few had bowel movments. It's amazing what a strobe light,dark works fx villian kicker,15" sub woofers,and a chainsaw can do.
    Really? Seriously? I'm sure you have a great and scary haunt but I have my doubts every third group people pissed or sh*t themselves at your haunt. So many Haunters say this but it just simply isn't true other than the extreme occasional accident. The truth is many people claim people do this but it rarely happens and that's a good thing! No one wants to walk around messy. People know that when they buy a ticket to tour a haunted house that's it's designed to be scary, there are no surprises so therefore people prepare themselves to get scared. If people really pissed themselves in haunts than EVERY time you see people coming off an extreme roller coaster or intense ride you'd see a few people who soiled themselves and you don't see it.

Sorry to get off topic but I really think Haunters should get out of the habit of bragging about people soiling themselves as a measure of success.

DA

6. Default  
    Man, I wish roller coasters were as intense as my haunt.

7. Default  
    Marr,

Cool!!! What is your haunt called or whats your website? I've always liked the more extreme haunts like House of Shock! I'm sure everyone else knows you and your haunt but I'm still new here.

Jake

8. Default what IF? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Most of those people messing their pants in haunts were mainly people with a "I love the feelings and smell of my personal waste products smeared in my clothes" kind of a psychological disorder? Dis-odor?
    Maybe they rush to buy haunt tickets in October because it's the only place they can indulge such desires and then get to pretend they are "normal" and that such incidents are normal?
    Stroll into a Tavern, nice restaurant, bowling alley, grocery store , new car dealership. with your pants loaded and drippy and smelly and you will not be accepted, befriended or even tolerated. you will be asked to "leave" in no complex language.
    They would like to kick you in the butt, except for the fear of smearing your mess upon their shoe! (And the secondary fear on their part, that you might like it!)

9. Default  
    Talk about unprofessional I've even seen Haunters post stats of people pissing, crapping and vomiting on the websites like its something to brag about, seems tacky and unprofessional to me why would anyone want to give the idea to
    Potential customers that this might happen to you.? It doesn't make you look scarier and it's grossly unprofessional. From what I have seen in person is that the haunts who say they are the scariest and most-extreme-sht-your-pants scary are the ones that are least scary and you'll see 12 year old kids trying to be extreme yelling and jumping around.

DA

Thread Information