HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: The Darkness - Terror Visions - The Haunting Lemp Haunt Tour March 8, 9, 10

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Default really unreal! 
    I would have to say you have an amazing crew! I would like to see a reality show on h.p.I! It would be awesome to see how you are able to get so much work and detail in such a short time on your scenes. Everything you have shown looks amazing!
    Damon
    Frightmasters
    Damon Carson

2. Default  
    You should do kid tickets next year.
    Jared Layman

3. Default  
    FYI... I JUST GOT HOME was working on our booth and the Darkness until about 4am. I might not make it in early. LOL

You can still get tickets all day today and all the way up through Saturday.

I made a massive list of everything wrong, and no we won't get to it all but I think Darkness will be around 85% to 90%. Get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com
    DSC01211.JPG

Larry

4. Default  
    Larry, we just found out we don't have to work Sat and are planning on coming up. I want to hit your Darkness event but I can't tell which one I need. We just want to go to the Darkness Sat. Night. Is it the one towards the bottom for $50?

Thanks,

Dewayne

5. Default  
    Wanted to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE who attended our tour. We did our best even though we didn't get everything we wanted done. There was several things we just ran out of time on... the walking zombies have to be totally rebuilt, our drop down animations never could get installed, and many other little things. I learned A LOT from the first year we did this tour, I learned so much from all of you and its helped our business. I hope your business was helped by our tour. Its been a mutual beneficial experience for us.

We have done this tour for the industry not ourselves, we wanted to do things that pushed the envelope and if it wasn't for YOU GUYS we never would have done all these things we've done. We wanted to inspire people and in the process we've learned what we can do!!!

Its very rewarding to hear all the people come through and thank you for opening... that is the ONLY reason and the ONLY thing we appreciate.

Again thank you very much for supporting this event. I also wanted to say thank you to Greg who did the paint ball event, his staff did a fantastic job to ensure everyone had a great time. This paint ball trailers were truly awesome.

Again thank you so much! Now I must admit need a serious detox, I'm really really burnt out right now. There was a lot of arguments, fights, stressful 18 hour days/nights, too much stress and everything between trying to get all of this done in time. Everyone needs a break. Since this has been coming to St. Louis its like we open twice, the most stressful thing is opening for the first time, and we do it twice. I know for a fact I've lost at least 5 or 6 years of my life doing this. LOL

Lastly I wanted to say once we get those walking zombies working, and the other things we hoped to do done, I will post videos and more photos right here... promise.

Larry

6. Default  
    I definitely tested those trigger pads more then once. Maybe more then trice too.

7. Default  
    First off, Larry, we finally made it to the tour saturday! Thank you for what you do. The place was AWESOME! It's one thing to see it in photos, totally different to be able to stand in front of the slayer, and touch the walls and feel the work put into everything.

We purchased your dvd as well and got some shirts. We all loved it and my niece is wanting to help with our haunt so bad now lol.

As far as the walkin zombies go, are you guys talking about the illusion hallway? We didn't think about looking for a pad to trip, however I did have to work on the elevator quite a bit. I just HAD to get it going for the girls. They've never been on an elevator prop like that before. But it finally worked.

Anyways, your haunt was awesome, the actors were superb. W/o breaking char they were able to react with us and such a way it was heartwarming. I can't talk enough about your place at my job. So anyways, just thought I'd let you know, that another amateur has been inspired by your work and it's like a boot to the arse in motivation.

Thanks,

Dewayne

8. Default  
    Larry thanks for everything. It was amazing getting to see the haunt for the last 4 years. This year I brought some of my crew. They were amazed and we are still talking about it. Iím sorry to hear that some people are complaining about the little things. Your haunt is truly amazing!

Thank you and enjoy your break,
    Brian Mudgett

9. Default  
    The walking zombies must be rebuilt from scratch. We are pulling them out today. Had we operated them as is they would have broke and possible fallen into the glass and broke that as well. I have seen them walk and the effect is VERY COOL but better safe than sorry. The concept works perfect its just a matter of fixing the walking zombies. There is always problems with pressure pads, motion sensors and everything else. It will take some more time to perfect everything.

The one thing I wanted to say about the walking zombies... their heads explode at the end of their walk. The whole scene is interactive... a cop shoots at them, there is sound fx to go along with it, he scares you by shooting at the zombies, then at the end of their walk their heads explode ... its very cool.

Sorry we couldn't show you that. I'll get it on video and post here.

Larry

10. Default  
    BTW... our CO2 cannon was also not working because we bought the wrong type of CO2. Apologize for that one as well. I'll get video of that as well.

Larry

Thread Information