HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Que line "one Liners"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default "Is This Your House?" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Yes it is."
    "Do you live here?"
    "Yes."
    "Do you sleep here?"
    "Yes."
    "Where do you sleep?"
    "In the attic, hanging upside down from a steel hook." I have made many young eyes widen upon those last few words.

None of you young haunters should ever worry too much about scaring all the customers because you probably won't ever be able to ever scare many of them, but you can entertain them. I have found out that the most entertaining single type of event is when they think that you have actually made a huge mistake, screw-up of some kind, either speaking or physically acting.
    Self-depreciation works too! Maybe this panders to the inner quiet persona that really needs to heartlessly laugh at the pathetic?
    This line works as a self-depreciating statement for me:" .. then when my ex-wife decided to join the Jim Warfield's Ex-Wife Club...'
    OR: A wild-eyed young man showed up here late one afternoon, calling himself a Warloch-Psychic! (Thank god he didn't call me "Daddy!")
    IF you are going to remain silent just be sure you have a Fart Machine in your back pocket! (And use it sparingly, then they will never know if what they heard was real or not!

2. Default  
    Go to someone texting and use that. Maybe say "You'll be getting a text from me later" or "I sent you a photo" .. and walk away.. I think that would be a good scare.
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

3. Default "Ever Texted Using a Pencil .. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ''in your mouth? You might have to learn after you lose all those twitchy fingers you got there!"

4. Default Que lines 
    Last year I had alot of people who would scream " OH S@!T" when I came at them. I would look them right in the eye and say "I think you just did. Right on the floor" the whole group loved that.

Chaos
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

5. Default  
    Hi Chaos!

I was just reading over this post and chime in. I wrote the article for Hauntworld that you were all mentioning earlier. We have a blast with queue line entertainment at our haunt and made it a priority over the last few years.

While there's no set list of perfect comeback or oner-liners, if you're quick and creative it's not hard to come up with a good list for your particular character(s). Once you do that, you find that coming up with off-the-cuff remarks gets easier.

Texting or being on the cell are always fun ones for me. If they're on the phone, I'll usually saunter by and casually mention that calling 911 won't do any good... the police won't come out here. Or if I'm playing a loud, brash character I'll start talking loudly like I'm on the phone saying, "THERE"S THIS GUY RIGHT BY ME TALKING REALLY LOUD... I CAN'T HEAR YOU.... YEAH, HE WON'T SHUT UP. WHAT?????" and keep going like that until they hang up, walk away, or I get tired. If two people are next to each other and they are both texting, I comment, "Really? You can't just TALK to each other??"

It's also good to keep an eye out for shirts or other clothing and build a conversation about it. I saw a guy wearing a shirt with a lot of companies on the back and covered one eye and started spelling out the names. When they noticed.... I made a comment about thinking it was an eye test.

When these things happen spontaneously, remember them because you can use them again.... just always remember to make it sound spontaneous, even if you've used it a hundred times.

BTW - are you going to be at Transworld? I'd be happy to meet up and talk ideas.

Michael
    Last edited by Drjkyll; 03-04-2012 at 06:25 PM.

6. Default Que line "one Liners" 
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply! Your article really got me going. I loved it. We started working the que line hard last year but we are really going to try and step it up this year. I will be at Trans again this year. I dont miss it! Would love to meet up. I will arrive later Fri. night and will be making a b line for the Ren Bar.

Buck
    Capt.Chaos
    Fear Asylum Haunted House
    Brookings,SD

fear-asylum.com

7. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Chaos View Post
    Hi Michael,

Thanks for the reply! Your article really got me going. I loved it. We started working the que line hard last year but we are really going to try and step it up this year. I will be at Trans again this year. I dont miss it! Would love to meet up. I will arrive later Fri. night and will be making a b line for the Ren Bar.

Buck
    Awesome! Will probably be at City Museum Friday night, but our crew will be at the bar later that night.
    Look forward to chatting!

8. Default  
    Girl is on the phone either in the haunt or in line. Character walks up, "Is that your mommy? Making your last will? Let me talk to her/him." Obtain phone, just be careful to not drop it, get makeup on it, or anything else that could damage it...actually just don't take the phone. Anyway, monster is on the phone, "Hello? Is this mommy? Why haven't you called me mommy? You left me in the ditch, why'd you choose her over me? Mom, I have a serious question for you, who has big balls and hangs up?" Pause, "I said who has big balls and hangs up." Hangs up the phone and walks away.

Thread Information